Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Stars
Stars
This story has some quality issues

Stars

Brokengolden

Hey! My name's Venus and I'm a 14 year old girl. My dad drinks a lot but that's ok, he was in the army and has a lot of bad memories is what my mom says. One time I asked him why he drank he said, "The click." I tried to ask what "click" but he wouldn't tell me, I guess it's to hard to explain, I can understand that. I like the stars, my mom always said "Each star tells a story, only some people can hear them though, Venus. Listen baby listen." She's gone now but that's a story for another time. Now it's just me and him, we make it by although he doesn't really do anything. I'm lonely without a mom but it's ok, it wasn't her fault.

Tonight I'm on the roof thinking. I like it up here. I can look at the stars and forget about all my worries, it's calming. I can hear music blaring from a party down the street tonight and see what seems like thousands of cars pulling up to the huge house. The biggest one on the street, the Whites. Alex White was the hottest boy in school, my long time crush, and my best friend but his little sister Savannah White was a nightmare. I know it's his older brothers, Dakota, party and can see him on the roof staring up at the stars just like me. Some nights I'd run to his house or call him over but I want to be alone tonight, I'm talking to my mom.

I stare up at the smallest brightest star I could find and whisper, "Can you hear me tonight mom? I really miss you.. I wish you hadn't left but I know it wasn't your fault." I can feel a tear run down my face and keep talking, "Mom, I'm really trying to be strong but it's hard, I just miss you so much. Dad misses you too, I can hear him crying at night and begging for you back. I want to comfort him but I don't know how, it's just so hard. Can you see Alex sitting on his roof over there? Three houses down on the end of the road, the big white one with the pillars? I want to ask him out but I don't know how to, I know if you were here you'd know how. I just.." I paused and took a deep breath while wiping the tears away,"I'm so sorry mom, I should've done more to help, I shouldn't saved you. This is all my fault.. I'm sor," I said as my voice broke and I started sobbing uncontrollably and I said,"I love you."

Just then I saw Alex climbing onto the roof. He looked straight at me and said,"Venus Taylor, I love you and I'm sure your mom would be so proud of you." I just responded by pulling the boy that was now standing next to me down so we were laying down and kissed him. Then I stared at the star I was just talking to and whispered,"Thank you."

Report

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Broken
golden
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
28 Dec, 2016
Words
523
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
607

Please login or register to report this story.