Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Anguish
Anguish

Anguish

hazel_basilhazel basil

It's been three days. Since my sister died. My eyes are puffy and irritated. It keeps replaying in my head. The gunshot. The blood. Her tears. The rain. Over and over again. Her smile was starting to fade. The way she laughed. She was disappearing from my memory and that terrified me.

Just like she was terrified before she died. Before the light left her eyes and she went limp.

She taught me everything I know. She's the reason I've survived the streets for so long. She practically raised me, showing me the shortcuts and back roads of the city. I haven't moved from this rooftop since she died. We used to watch the sun set and stargaze while the city was asleep.

Remembering her makes me feel broken inside. Shattered. As if someone was crushed my heart and shot me.

Shot me. Just like her. Shot.

I curl up tighter. I press the heel of my hands to my eyes, trying to stop the tears. I see her again. The life draining from her eyes. She's mouthing my name as the blood spills all over her. Her body crashes against the asphalt, her body gone limp.

What I wouldn't give to have her with me again. My hands go to my temples, trying to block out the pain. It's only been three days. How much worse can this get?

Author Notes: I kinda don't know where I was going with this lol...feedback welcome! :)

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hazel_basil
hazel basil
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
25 May, 2022
Genre
Type
Words
230
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
267

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.