Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Surrounding Stars

Surrounding Stars

By Blitzø - 1 Review

Beep, beep, beep. The sounds of Gilret's rocket were comfort. But some comfort isn't always comforting. It reminded him of his mother's heart rate in the hospital, it reminded him of sorrow. But it comforted him to know that space was now a bit louder. The stars and planets twinkled in the distance, making his dejected planet distant to his memory.

Gilret's mind flew back to where his mother layed along the hospital bed. Beep, beep, beep. The tickling when she whispered into his ear, "Run, Gill. You must escape." Soon after he found himself in the present, drifting in a space capsule with no escape. He quickly burried his face into his arms, making himself smaller. And then touched the box filled with ash, where his mother would peacefully rest. Drops of dispair ran down his cheeks and cursed his mind. He didn't want this. He didn't want to spend his life drowning in tears. He didn't want his mom to be afraid. So he did the one thing he could; he closed his eyes and wandered amongst the dreams instead of the shunning stars. But even in his sleep visions of his mom screaming and crying still fled into action. Your fault, your fault, your fault, his mind repeated, disgracing him, blaming him. "NO!" he screamed.

Gilret grabbed the handle of the door of the capsule. "My fault, my fault, my fault," he whispered underneath burning eyes. His hands clenched the handle and pulled it letting the air escape into the black never ending void. He grabbed his mother's box and jumped. It hurt, but he knew that it could never hurt more than his mother's death. Beep, beep, beep. Went the spaceship. Thump, thump, thump went Gilret's heart. But there wasn't a fourth thump. Only silence.

Author Notes: I hoped you enjoyed, thanks so much!

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Avianna
Blitzø
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
27 Jan, 2021
Words
299
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
793

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.