Please register or login to continue

Register Login

That One Day
That One Day

That One Day

TheValhallanOptimism101
2 Reviews

I walked home quietly under the twinkling of the stars above. My vision switched in and out of reality, going back to the memories of the fun times we had. I still remember her cheerful smile to this day. The way she laughed, the way she walked, I knew from then I will never forger her. The note in my pocked rustled as it crumpled. I didn’t know where I went wrong. She said it was me, that she just couldn’t do it. There must be something wrong with me. She wouldn’t leave me for no reason. I tossed the paper out of my pocket. I wouldn’t need it, I got the message.

I couldn’t sleep that night. Flashbacks of every time we went out went before my eyes. 6 months and she’s just gone without another word.

I stopped eating. Friends drifted away from me as I spent my days crying under piles of blankets. I couldn’t think of any reason to still be here, to exist. I thought that if I couldn’t love, what point is there to live?

One day, I tried. Whatever glimmer of hope and happiness inside told me to do something. The little voice against the wave of darkness. I clumsily tried to collect the pieces of the mind I had left, and left to the park.

“Hey Syg.”

I looked up from where I was crumpled. I was against a large shadowed tree. One of my friends stood before me.

Her name, was Skye.

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen you, how have you been?” She slid down next to me, a bright smile on her face.

“Okay.” I muttered the only word I could think of

“Oh, just okay? Darn. Anyways, I was gonna hang out with a couple of friends later, you wanna come?” She looked at me with pleading eyes.

“Well-“I started.

“Cmon, Please?” She begged.

“Well, alright, I guess.”

“YAY!”

The game day was, actually, fun. For the first time since that one fateful day, I smiled. I grew happy.

That one day changed everything. It made me rethink my life, my purpose. I didn’t know happiness until others intervened. I didn’t think light could exist in a dark world. Before that day I didn’t think that anyone could love me. But after that day, I realized that love wasn’t something earned, or something for romance. Love is people. And so far, people is all I need.

Author Notes: Heswo! I am really growing to like this platform! It just allows me to send out my work and receive feedback from the world, or, what part of it is here. Please feel free to critique my work, and don't be afraid to be harsh.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheValhallan
Optimism101
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Feb, 2019
Words
409
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
1,356

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.