Please register or login to continue

Register Login

That's How Lolly Captured the Butterfly of Life
That's How Lolly Captured the Butterfly of Life

That's How Lolly Captured the Butterfly of Life

AmbienceThe Story Cascade

Once upon a summertime, a poor maiden called Lolly was living with her mother. Her father died from drinking alchole, but Lolly was not in greif at all, as her father always came home late and would hit her mother. One day, Lolly was walking to a well in a nearby village. A droplet of water surged up from the well and a transparent butterfly emerged. Lolly almost fainted when she saw the mysterious, tiny creature. Lolly rubbed her eyes, pinched her cheek, and bit her tongue, but the butterfly glistened more and more like sunrise. No sooner it roamed about the daisies and zoomed into a woodland. Her eyes glistened with enchantment as if the God's blessing had arrived. She stumbled once and dashed after the little insect.

Nearby a mossy stone was an abandoned well glowing with white beams. Lolly easily spot the butterfly as it dropped sparkling liquid on the grass. So, she traced the liquid and found the well with white beams. She slid the wooden lid and saw a tiny flare shaped as a butterfly. "A Ha!" She called out. Then she cupped the hand and captured the butterfly. Before she drank in one gulp, the butterfly begged for its life, "please, do not drink me. If you save my life, I will repay your kindness." Nevertheless, the butterfly went to her large intestine.

All at once, the mossy stone became a castle, the rabbit became a throne, and Lolly became a queen. Twelve servants lead her to a golden chair with the finest decorations. Lolly lived happily alone until an old man appeared in her dining room and said, "Now that you have drank the Butterfly of Life, you have lost your human soul!" Soon after the appearance of the man, Lolly jumped into the well and died.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Ambience
The Story Cascade
About This Story
Audience
18+
Posted
16 Jun, 2022
Words
304
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
355

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.