Please register or login to continue

Register Login

THE ARTIST'S EYE
THE ARTIST'S EYE

THE ARTIST'S EYE

herculeshercules

One breezy day a fifteen-year-old boy called Henry, was standing at the end of a headland, wondering what he wanted to do in the future.

So far, he had had many ambitions in life.

First it was becoming an astronaut, then a train driver, then a mountaineer, then an archaeologist, then a farmer, then an actor and finally a footballer.

Those enthusiasms lasted for long periods, but in the end, they burned out one by one.

There was however, one thing, which Henry had always kept going and that was doing artwork.

Ever since the age of three, he had done artwork – drawing, painting and sculpting.

So he decided there and then to become an artist.

When his final year at school was over, Henry went to college and did a three-year art course.

While at college, he not only continued painting, drawing and clay sculpting, but he learned how to do metalwork, woodwork, willow sculpting, textiles, photography and computer graphic designing.

Furthermore, he studied many famous artists, including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Henri Matisse, Lucian Freud and Barbara Hepworth.

When the course was over, Henry took the next step.

He had the opportunity to go to art University, but it wasn’t for him.

Instead, he joined a few art classes, in order to make new friends in the artworld and to see, which form, or forms of art he liked the most.

In the end, Henry chose drawing and painting.

So he set up a studio and got to work.

He used a whole range of mediums, including charcoal, pastels, oils, acrylics, watercolours, pens, crayons and pencils.

His range of themes was broad too.

He based his work on mountains, the sea, the country, outer space, cavern systems, science fiction, dinosaurs, animals and fantasy.

At one point, Henry began to exhibit his work everywhere and started selling it too.

One day, he became world famous.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hercules
hercules
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
18 Sep, 2022
Words
316
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
423

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.