Please register or login to continue

Register Login

THE BITTERNESS ON THE PETIT BOY ’S FACE
THE BITTERNESS ON THE PETIT BOY ’S FACE

THE BITTERNESS ON THE PETIT BOY ’S FACE

papin49Roberto Perez

THE BITTERNESS ON THE PETIT BOY ’S FACE

Far away from my eyes reach, I could see scarcely a tiny figure. Looking through my house’s window – It was the night, it was pretty dark, it didn't allow me to get the exact perception about what was approaching my home.

Suddenly, he started moving toward my house because he was pretty sure about the time I every day woke up and the first thing I did was to handle a carton of milk or juice for my petit friend “my neighbor”. He was a Haitian boy who came to the Dominican Republic. – Indeed, he was an Immigrant like his parents; they arrived in that country searching for better working and living conditions. They passed through a long and risky trip throughout-Dajabon’s river, “Massacre”; which is on the border of the el cibao area and Haiti. To illustrate, these cities comprise the delimitation of Haiti and the Dominican Rep. On the northwest bound: Montecristi, Dajabon, Loma De Cabrera, and Restauracion.

The petit. That name Is from the french language which means, little; I heard that name from his parents that every day used to call him hundreds of times “petit, petit, petit, petit” because of their duty, they have to go working to do all that their foreman wanted to be done by that day.

For example, to milk the cows, cutting grass to feed the cattle, cultivating the cane plantations, and so forth. No matter how the weather conditions were, they had to leave the petit boy by himself. those were only part of a bunch of stuff that used to be their daily accountability; It has to be done whatever happened. For all those tasks to be accomplished, both parents were involved – So, they used to leave the petit boy unattended to get a chance to finish that day tasks – Although, they were aware that very close to their house, there was an imminent risk for the petit to get drowned – in a big open water pond used for watering the grass ( cane plantations) and for the cattle to drink. Yes, that Is the kind of life for those poor people. Nonetheless, they had to leave him alone – They needed to put his own baby at risk or they have to go back to Haiti where they have nothing to eat or to do.

I was sure that the petit boy was a very smart guy because every single day after his breakfast, he started performing in his front yard's house, he smiled and waved his hand to me to be sure that I have seen him handle the carton of milk that he was sure I had hidden for him very early in the morning in the backyard of their tiny house. After taking his milk, suddenly, he started his performance Imitating all kinds of birds which appear in my yard, for about fifteen different varieties of birds, no matter how weird Its songs were or look to be, he always found a way to mimic those sounds very similar to the one performed for each bird – but, he never started any performance before receiving his carton of milk because milk was like his stimulator to start doing his show.

Nonetheless, the petit used to spend a whole day walking up and down around their house showing, his all body only wearing his birthday suit – barefoot, naked whatsoever; All his dusty body was striped like a zebra – scratched from the bushes' branches because he moved around their house a whole day looking forward to seeing if he could find his parents, Watching that scene would be more than enough to start crying – Fading all the landscape's beauties that colorful the forest around him, with the birds sounds and leaves movement with a silent and fresh wind that brought a very nice sensation of peace around all that area of our magnificent tropical climate.

In a twinkle of an eye – all that aspect could change with all his grace and charming smile. What made me start considering behaving like him because I had that same problem that the petit boy, with the difference that the guy had his body striped, while I had my heart and my soul empty and worsen day after day. I only felt well writing or doing something to be busy all the time – I couldn't be Idler because I started feeling depressed – It was a tremendous dilemma which made my life smashed.

No matter how hard I tried to overcome that situation – I always ended with the same feeling that my life was an ordeal because nobody can't swim against a giant tide or problem. And that's what I was doing. My difficulties were bigger than any tide I had ever seen. But I continued as a professional surfer, always over the tide, ready to defeat It. If your problem Is like a giant tide and you think you can't defeat It, try to pay attention to other seas that there could be others, facing worse situations than you, fighting bigger giants than yours and they have succeeded. So, that's what I learned from the petit reality, that you don't need that much to recover the lost happiness In your life, try to practice doing the things that make you feel happy, enjoying one day at a time, If nothing or anybody gets harmed with your behavior, keep doing It. If you trust in God and everything goes nicely, keep on doing It, and you will see at the end you'll receive a lot of blessing and success In your life...

My happiness comes from Christ because of him - I can see where or who to go at the time that those enormous tides come to hit me.


 

Author Notes: No one Is better than anyone else In this world.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
papin49
Roberto Perez
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
4 Jan, 2019
Words
964
Read Time
4 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,995

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.