Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Blue Moon

The Blue Moon

By Mitzi Danielson-Kaslik

The blue moon peak out from behind the clouds but only for a second. The greyish clouds blocked it out with a bleak, unfeeling coldness that seemed to freeze the air into some kind of iced silence that even the crash of the waves, white horses with vicious harsh hooves that beat against the stone of jetty, could hardly be heard. The wind howled through the night and cracked the branches of the trees, which would already leafless and gnarled from the autumn.

Once again, the blue moon emerged from its place of seclusion for just a moment, then it vanished once more. For that brief second where it was present in the inky black night sky, it illuminated the entire sea. It cast a momentary spell over the water, causing it – just for that second – to stop. To cease all action. It was if the sea was paralyses by the reality of the second full moon of the month, or perhaps it was just confused.

Something else was illuminated in that moment. The green light of the light house flashed onto the jetty just on the edge of the shore and displayed two figures, one a little taller than the other, holding each other and walking down the jetty, away from the tossing sea, back to the land. It was not clear who they were of why they were there on such an inhospitable night, but there they were. The moon disappeared once more. All was in darkness.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Mitzi1776
Mitzi Danielson-Kaslik
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
3 Nov, 2020
Words
249
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
594

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.