Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Caliphate Of The Jinns
The Caliphate Of The Jinns

The Caliphate Of The Jinns

Franc68Lorient Montaner

From Sura Al Jinn of the Holy Koran, 'Some men used to seek refuge with the jinn in the past, but that only increased their insolence'.

I am Ahmed ibn Birzali, born from a noble family of Berber origin in the city of Córdoba. The year was 968, according to the Christian calendar established and 357 in the Islamic calendar. The incredible account that I shall disclose is one that I had witnessed of the Great Abu Amir Muhamad bin Abdullah ibn Abi Amir al Hajib al Mansoor, ruler of Al Andalus. Of this man of glory and legend, I shall relate the following. He had assisted in the rapid succession of ascension of the young Hisham the second. He became a powerful hajib, or a vizier to Western Europe, and had led thousands of valiant soldiers to victory in the famous battles, against his enemies. He won fifty seven battles altogether, and had not known once defeat. He fought the Nazarenes in León and Castille and Navarre of the Iberian Peninsula. He had defeated their armies and imposed fear across their kingdoms. He was called, 'The Victorious One', by the devoted followers of the almighty God. The Nazarenes called him Almanzor ruler of Al Andalus, but none of these numerous accolades and merits had overshadowed the fierce and intense battles, against the malevolent and praeternatural fiends of the 'Caliphate of the Jinns'.

A frightening horde of an army had marched from beyond the Arabian Peninsula, and had conquered the lands and empires of the Middle East. First the Buyid Empire of the Persians in Jibal fell, then the Abbassid Caliphate in Bagdad. The Byzantines of Anatolia, and finally the Seljuq Turks of the Altai Mountains, were soundly defeated afterwards. The army that I speak of was massive and wicked. They were not human in nature, instead, they were fiends of the hellfire. Ghouls who had dwelt in the desert and could shape into hyenas. They ate flesh and drank blood, and had assumed the form of their victims. Jinns created from a smoke and burning fire that could take form, as snakes, dragons, vultures, or mere humans. Ifrits enormous winged creatures of fiery horns and the Marids dark blue evil spirits. Their leader was Murrah al Abyad al Harith, King of the Jinns, who was created a thousand years ago. The daemon had inhabited and ruled the earth without interregnum, and governed the seventy-two kingdoms, but they were corrupted and became infidels, so God created humans to replace the Mephistophelian Jinns, as embedded successors to the earth. The divine angels were sent by God to battle the manifold daemons on the battlefield, but the malefic daemons had returned one day, with a vengeful wrath, as they laid waste to all the noble kingdoms that were in their path.

Swiftly, like a raging storm they were approaching the Holy City of Mecca ominously, and the most sacred shrine of all Islam, the 'Kaabah', was endangered. Subsequently, the call of 'Jihad', had extended throughout the Muslim world and reached the mosques of Al Andalus. Desperation had stirred the 'Umma', into a wild frenzy. Soon, the call was heard by the honourable Abu Amir Muhamad bin Abdullah ibn Abi Amir al Hajib al Mansoor, ruler of Al Andalus, who had gathered an army from amongst the Berbers, the Arabs, the Andalusians and the Africans. They were known as the 'Moors', and were the true descendants of the Muslims, who rode for the Conquest of the Iberian Peninsula.

Upon the following morning, they had sailed in ships for the Arabian Peninsula, to fight the Infidels. The ships had passed the Mediterranean Sea and reached the shore of Tripoli in Syria in weeks. After they had arrived, they travelled through Jordan, before entering into Saudi Arabia that was controlled by the Fatimid Caliphate. Mecca was protected by a Sharif of the name of Muhammed Abu-Jafar Al-Thalab, but he was fearful of the coming of the unstoppable force of evil that was approaching the city. The rumours and accounts of atrocity and defilement of the fallen cities and villages in ruin had spread, throughout the entirety of the Middle East forthwith.

We had seen along the way destruction and death. Upon our reaching Antioch, we saw the carnage of the Byzantine soldiers, who were strewn in heavy piles of dead rotten corpses. Then the dreaded soldiers known as the 'Mameluks', of the Abbasid Caliphate were seen dead as well in Al Karak of Jordan. All of the dead soldiers witnessed had their heads cut off, as a token warning for all who defied the power of the Caliphate of Murrah al Abyad al Harith, King of the Jinns. I had never descried in my life such brutality, and a correspondence was sent to Al Hakam the second, the Ummayad Caliphate of Córdoba who shuddered with fear. The great Emperor of the Byzantines Nikephoros II Phokas had sent the brave general Mikhail Bourtzes to halt the heathens, but his army fled from the battlefield in absolute awe of the mighty army of Murrah al Abyad al Harith. Thus, the Christian and Muslim armies of the region were incapable of stopping this dominant force of evil.

The holy city of Medina was attacked, but the powerful men of Islam had defended with great valour the city, and the army of Murrah al Abyad al Harrith was thwarted by the army and angels of Islam. The army of Islam had lost thousands of men, in the defence of the city, and was surrounded by a portion of the remaining army of Murrah al Abyad al Harith. We had heard of the ruthless incursion of Medina, whilst we passed Al Mulaylih some 361 kilometres away. Abu Amir al Mansoor valiant and sagacious did not know the full capacity of the fiends, but he was prepared to die in the name of Islam, and to save the Holy City of Mecca, at whatever cost. He had seen the carnage left behind, and doubt was at times visible in his eyes, yet he never once emoted, such uncertainty for too long, and he remained steadfast amidst the aversion.

At Al Mundassah we had tarried and rested, for the men were extremely tired and anxious. It was there as well, where we first met the Great Army of the fiends outside of the village. We were resting in the night within our camp, when we were attacked suddenly by them. They came like a wild horde of daemons, from the mountains, and from the flames of the campfire the Jinns rose to fight with the ghouls. Their vast numbers were thousands, as we were hundreds. Like an igneous ball of fire they attacked from every side, as we could not see the huge throng of daemons that had rushed the field of desert, within impetuosity and savagery. They overran our flanks, as the veil of darkness that enveloped had blinded us everywhere, and caused us to suffer heavy casualties. The darkness of the night was chosen by them to attack, because they knew of the weakness of man, and they were cognisant of his latent susceptibility. The horrible and obstreperous sound of death was echoing, over the rugged mountains, as the clamour of our dead men was heard agonising in front and around us. They were a fleeting movement of absolute terror unleashed that had overcome the men in a fury. Their imposing guise sidled in a convulsive motion, as they sliced into pieces our men that had perished. A luminous effulgence of fire was seen vividly, in the eyes of the fiends.

It happened so quickly that the men had reacted desperately. The baleful daemons had ambushed our soldiers, and inflicted serious losses. It had lasted only for the duration of ten minutes, but the devastation was apparent and significant. Suddenly, they had disappeared into the mountains after causing havoc. I do not know why they ceased their attack and had left. They could have easily destroyed us all on that night. For some unknown reason they did not. I remember quite well that memorable first encounter with the fiends. When the assault was finally over, we had lost over three-fourth of our men. The soldiers were visibly shaken with the harrowing incident, and panic and trepidation had enthralled the men in abrupt hysteria. I had not seen this reactionary behaviour in the soldiers before. These infidels were not men at all, but supernatural beings of hell sent upon the earth. They did not bleed easily nor wane under the sword. Our swords were useless against their physicality. That dreary and chilling night the soldiers did not sleep much, nor could they forget the monstrosity that had besieged them so ferociously and unmercifully.

In the early morning Abu Amir Mansoor had spoken to the rattled men and attempted to rally them onwards, but some of the soldiers, who pledged allegiance to the cause of Jihad, had begun to desert or retreat. I had never known, such affrighted men in my life. Their faces were reflective of an evident pallor stricken, with sheer fear that only mortal men experience of disbelief often. Those who fled were not persecuted, but deemed cowards, and those who had remained or died were martyrs. I was fortunate enough to be alive and considered a soldier of God, although I do not verily know how I survived. It was by the grace of God I believe. The unfathomable tidings of our defeat had reached the people of Mecca.

Soon the fall of Medina had occurred, as we were recovering in Al Mundassah. We were told Medina was ransacked and laid in ruin, as a vestige of a cataclysm. The soldiers were not impervious to the fall of Medina and the significance of that disturbing reality. History had recorded the pillage and ruination of holy cities before, none so ever unprecedented, as this savagery. The protection and preservation of Mecca had appeared to be daunting and impossible. If Medina had fallen to the fiends, what would have prevented Mecca from falling afterwards? I cannot describe with mere words, what type of virulent foe we were confronting, or the massacre that had ensued upon reaching Mecca. Along the road to Mecca, we saw vultures feasting on the bodies of the villagers, who had attempted to flee from the desert of death. The fiends had begun to bewitch the Muslims, into committing horrendous immolations against their brethren. Those who resisted or did not capitulate had faced the most draconian punishment of death or destitute. The mosques were the last places of refuge for the faithful ones, who recited verses of the Koran to thwart the onslaught.

The endemic and epidemic plagues then ravaged the peninsula, within such cruelty and celerity. An apocalyptic premonition had propagated therewith and engulfed the area in blatant incredulity. The necessities of the populace were growing and proliferated into an unyielding consternation that was too uncontrollable. The carnal and insurmountable oppressors had wielded dominion, over the Caliphates of the Middle East. Europe had started to fret at the thought of the fiends invading their capacious continent. The call for the immediate defence of Christendom had stirred a heavy apprehension, amongst the kingdoms of the Nazarenes. The Great Byzantine Emperor had sent an urgent petition for direct assistance to the Sharif of Mecca, who had once rejected his audacious plea for unity, amongst the Christians and Muslims. Drought and famine had afflicted the people, and soon the poor were dying, and revolts by the denizens had spread like an intense spark, amidst the visceral outpour demonstrated. Madness had prevailed and caused conflict and turmoil, as there appeared to be no army predestined to defeat the determined fiends.

Thus, it was decided that we would join forces with the Nazarenes to defeat and vanquish the infidels of the Iblis; but first, we had to go and defend Mecca. Abu Amir Al Mansoor implored the men to think of the memory of the fallen who had died in battle and the innocent persons who had been killed by the fiends. Although he was a mere man of God, he was stoic in his honour and observant to his faith. We knew the army of the daemons was nigh, and that once we had reached the outskirts of the city, they would be waiting for our arrival, with preparation in advance. In spite of their hideous and intimidating appearance, we could not afford to show any fright nor reverence of them, before their presence. This was of extreme importance, if we were to procure victory, and the exile of the fiends, before our total annihilation had transpired.

When we had reached the surroundings of Mecca, we were strongly met, by the ghastly devils that stood in front of the gates of Mecca staring at us. They were thousands of them, and we were only hundreds. It would seem an improbable victory, and more an obvious defeat, but Abu Amir Al Mansoor was not afraid by the sheer numbers of the infidels gathered. He was convinced that God was on his side, and that we would defeat the fiends on that day. We were on horseback and feet, whilst the enemy took form in every possible manner to scare us into complete submission and acceptance of the only real caliphate that had belonged to Murrah al Abyad al Harith. Most of the remaining leaders of defiance had since then embraced the caliphate of the Jinns.

After all, who would be so foolish to dare this potent authority? All who brazenly did were quelled and forced to serve in servitude, the caliph Murrah al Abyad al Harith. As the fiends were in view, I had sensed the terror in the eyes of our soldiers. It was insane that we being less in numbers could win this momentous battle on our own. The gallant defenders of Mecca were inside predisposed to protect the city. The winds began to stir and the sky began to darken, as a cold chill was felt. Instantly, a loud roar was heard afterwards, as they came towards us. We were approximately, a few kilometres away from them. The wayward resilience once seen in the men from the outset had diminished considerably. Their courage had been tested many times on the battlefield, none had fought against an army of daemons of this nature and proportion. We were expected to be crushed and defeated.

Before we were destroyed and the city as well, the Sharif had surrendered, and submitted to the aggressors of the infidels, before the city would be destroyed and violated. Murrah al Abyad al Harith was then the absolute ruler of the Middle East. The preservation of the Holy City was conserved at the cost of the Islamic faith. We were told that we would be spared, if we would acknowledge our allegiance to Murrah al Abyad al Harith. Most of the men had conceded this order, and we were spared. Others were at first reluctant to manifest their acquiescence, but they did in the end. Abu Amir Al Mansoor did not surrender and told his men that they were free to choose their destiny. He took his sword from his side, as he sat on his horse. He grabbed the hilt and had shouted the famous words of 'Allahu Akbar', (God is Great).

It was that sole act of bravery and defiance that had changed the complexity of the war. He raised his sharp sword and when he did, a shining sheen was seen gleaming bright from his sword. The daemons became aware of his rebelliousness and one of them a ghoul had attacked Abu Amir Al Mansoor. A strange occurrence had betided unexpectedly. The sword of Abu Amir Al Mansoor had sliced the head of the ghoul, as he fell on the ground instantly becoming ashes. It was the first time that the fiends had seen this type of bravery. It was then that another daemon came towards him. And like the previous daemon he too perished, before the sword of Abu Amir Al Mansoor. This flagrant provocation was not tolerated, by the infidels. They came then in masses, as they were possessed, by an evil force of untamed motion. Abu Amir Al Mansoor with his sword and shield had caused the reflection of the sun to beam upon the earth, a celestial light that blinded and frightened the fiends afterwards.

I do not know how, but they had stopped their advance, and departed Mecca. What had prompted their departure was not explained nor truly known, but Abu Amir Al Mansoor knew. According to him, it was the sublime power of faith that had propelled him to a brief victory over the fiends. Was this admission of faith used as a proclamation to determine the one great weakness of the infidels? If so, then why was it abandoned in earnest by the people, who once proclaimed this belief? At that instant no one had the answer, and was certain if God had indeed given us victory.

I was willing to accept the word of Abu Amir Al Mansoor, who had always been a man of virtue and honour. He had never known defeat before, until his first battle, against the infidels. It was to be his last defeat—for he was the 'Glorious One'. The several soldiers, who resisted along with Abu Amir Al Mansoor, had been the only fortunate men to have subdued the devious infidels. This fact was of little consolation, since their armies were abundant in numbers. Where would we find an army powerful to destroy the devils? Abu Amir Al Mansoor had concluded in his mind that the only way justice and liberation could be ascertained was to find the notorious lair of the abominable daemons, and obliterate them completely from the earth.

This would require joining forces with the Byzantine Nazarenes. There was no other option, but how could the fiends be defeated? There was a heavenly vision that had entered Abu Amir Al Mansoor, as he awoke the next morning. He had told us the remaining men of his army that we were heading East in search of the Caliphate of the Infidels. Onslaught after onslaught had occurred on the battlefield, with the armies of the Byzantines. They did not have a telling precedent to defeat the fiends, but we were resolute in our cause, as the fiends were with their deliberate conquest. When we least imagined our fate was likely sealed, one man rose amidst the mortals, and had led us to ultimate victory, and his name was Abu Amir Al Mansoor. His boldness was noticeable, as his sagacity.

There was a passage in the Koran that made mention to a mysterious spring that was magical in composition, and Abu Amir Al Mansoor saw in his vision the location of that elusive spring. Supposedly, it was between the countries of Iran and Iraq. It was there where the dreaded Caliphate of the fiends had existed. Thus at Jordan, we were joined with the remaining armies of Islam and the Nazarenes of the Byzantine Empire. We, who were once bitter enemies, were then one united army. We had put aside our differences and discrepancies, for the purpose of defeating the infidels. Verily, we did not know what to expect upon reaching the Devil's lair, or we were certain of victory—all except Abu Amir Al Mansoor, whose confidence was manifest in his leadership. The vibrant winds of the desert blew sand storms upon us, as we had travelled through the territory of Jordan. Soldiers of either army Nazarene and Muslim had lost men in the sand storms. Was this a deadly presage that had awaited our arrival in Iraq?

We were aware as we had headed to Iraq that the armies of the fiends were present in the heart of the Abbasid Caliphate in the city of Bagdad. There was no actual plan on entering Bagdad, and we knew the great bulk of the army of Murrah al Abyad al Harith was in their fortress palace, within the mountainous region in Persia. Just as with all conquering armies of history, the conquest of land was less complicated and achievable than governing the land and people. The concept of revolt had been dissuaded, by the cruel manner the infidels ruled. They had ruled clearly, with quotidian torture, execution, immurement, and above all absolute fear. They were monsters in their wrath and chastisement. Their avidity for the pelf of golden coins and spoils of war had obsessed them into a wild penchant of luxury and indulgence. As for the Muslims who bowed reverence to them and had joined their armies, they forsook the religion of God and partook in sinful orgies and treachery.

Soon from afar, as we had travelled through the barren landscape of Iraq, we saw a spring ahead that was gushing water that became a river. It was as wonderful as the Euphrates River, or the River of Jordan, but this river was 'Salsabil', as Abu Amir Al Mansoor had told us before. The righteous shall drink from a cup mixed with the coolness of camphor. A spring from which God's servant will drink, making it gush forth in branches, he had quoted the Koran. We drank in cups, until we were imbued in the celestial influence of its divinity and purity. The intense feeling of an indescribable nature had filled our bodies with fantastic supernatural powers. We could hear like the jackal, leap high like the gazelle, smell like the serpent, and had superb vision of the eagle.

It was late in the night, when we had finally arrived at the outskirts of the unholy fortress of the fiends and made our encampment beyond the broad towering mountainous area, only a few kilometres away. We were mindful of the strong likelihood that if detected, the infidels would attack us at once. For some apparent reason they did not. We had sensed their presence, and they sensed our presence mutually as well.

In the following morning, we strode forth. It was over the looming horizon that had stood thither, the large daunting stronghold of the malefic evildoers. The Nazarenes had arrived, and it was agreed that the Muslims would attack the stronghold, whilst the Nazarenes would prevent the army of Murrah al Abyad al Harith from escaping. Even though we were mortal enemies, I had respected the brave general Mikhail Bourtzes. We had descried the long, helical stairway and the narrow passage of the river of the valley of hell. It was shielded by the massive cliffs that had protruded, above the gorge that was situated, at the intersection of three raging rivers of Daylam.

A surging mist had formed noticeably and covered the region entirely. We would have to clamber the lofty ascent to reach the steep and slippery slopes that had stood erect, beside the sturdy impregnable walls of the garrison. The ramparts of solid steel were protected, by inspissated spikes. The adjacent parapets and impending turrets along the perimeter were imposing and menacing. There was a foul stench of death everywhere that had encompassed the circumference. From the sinister caliginosity crept over the walls of the stronghold, the voluminous numbers of the supernatural beings to thwart our daring advance. Immediately, an immense spasm of energy was pervasive and emitted, throughout our corporeal bodies. They had attacked us with a merciless ferocity and relentless intensity, as several of our men fell from the precipitous declivity or were decapitated by their lethal swords and claws. The men went ahead, with such heroic courage and honour. There was no cessation in their hostile attack, as we were besieged rapidly. The rousing roar of 'Allahu Akbar', (God is Great) was shouted by Abu Amir Al Mansoor, as he was the first to leap over the once impenetrable walls of the fortress.

The frames of the daemons were seen in the singular inclination within their limbs, with the visible image of their alteration into vultures and jackals. Gradually, we began to enter the stronghold, where there were more daemons lurking in ambush. We were met by another amalgamation of gruesome devils that were brutal in their fighting. They kept on coming and coming, from every crevice or aperture seen or unseen, as several sounds had issued from them of horror. Our men persisted through the multitude, as many had died valiantly, but our supernatural prowess had levelled the battlefield.

The fiends were falling also, and that meant they were no longer invincible, as long as our faith did not waver one bit. We entered the colossal hall of the stronghold and had reached the main hall, where Murrah al Abyad al Harith was sitting in his palatial golden throne of opulence. He was alone, and waiting for us. Abu Amir Al Mansoor had told us to remain outside of the main hall, as he closed the auriferous door. I knew that the daemons would attempt to protect their leader. At last, he was face to face, with the Great Caliph of the Jinns. The appearance of Murrah al Abyad al Harith was like no other living being I had witnessed before. The Iblis was gigantic in height but willowy in stature, and had extensive limbs that contracted, from the hind and fore feet. The malevolent daemon was covered within a spellbinding, jetty black hue, as buzzing flies had emerged, from the depth of his mouth. They attacked Abu Amir Al Mansoor, but he had managed to fend them off and killed them with his divine sword. Enraged Murrah al Abyad al Harith lunged at him, with the full force of the fiery flames that had surrounded him. Abu Amir Al Mansoor resisted his assault effectively. For twenty minutes they had fought each other, while we fought off the incessant daemons. Then the door had opened, and it was Abu Amir Al Mansoor standing tall and victorious. He had defeated and exiled the Iblis, and brought the abrupt downfall of the fiendish Caliphate.

The infidels were bound in chains and iron collars of God, as they perished into the blazing fire from whence they had derived of the Stygian chasm. The stronghold collapsed and tumbled downwards into the gorge, as we had been able to escape the rubble of ruination, except a few of our soldiers who perished. The might of the supernatural beings once entailed upon us had been destroyed, by the mettle of virtuous men. A heaving vastness of unbroken blue was fitfully transparent over the heavens. It was once thought interminable and stately. I had not known before the meaning of the Original Guardians, till I encountered the brave men, who fought the battles against the fiends.

Abu Amir Al Mansoor had come from Al Andalus for Jihad, and his name would be invoked in legend. He died at 65 years old in the year of 1002 in his beloved Al Andalus. I Ahmed ibn Birzali, a mere noble soldier of Córdoba had chronicled this unbelievable adventure unforeseen from the beginning. History will know of the stouthearted men Saracens and Nazarenes, who had defeated the Caliphate of the Jinns.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Franc68
Lorient Montaner
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
16 Feb, 2018
Words
4,540
Read Time
22 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,120

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.