Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Clearing
The Clearing

The Clearing

linoleumflooringlinoleumflooring

A shrill cry echoed through the mist and a thud followed. That shrill cry, so familliar to my ears. I traced the echo down the muddy path into a clearing, surrounded by musty old redwoods, towering out of my sight into the dark night sky. The rain pattered all around; I was soaking wet. I peer into the mist with no avail, shivering from the icy breeze that had hit me. The rain poured even harder and blinded my eyes. I wiped away, trudging onwards into the darkness. I triped onto a tree root, and sploshed into the muddy water. I picked myself up and shouted, but nothing came out. It was as if someone was choking me. I felt my neck, it was smooth and wet, water dripping from my chin and onto my shirt. I stumbled a bit, before kneeling down in vein. I then saw a light ahead, and I stared in disbelief: a massive gorge within the ground, at least two leagues deep, and as I peered in, I saw the unspeakable.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
linoleumflooring
linoleumflooring
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
4 Nov, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
176
Read Time
<1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
654

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.