Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Death of an Angel

The Death of an Angel

By Liliesbloom

Burnt feathers... that's what the body smelt like. Who would have thought an angel could get hurt or even die? Well this wasn't an ordinary circumstance, so I guess it was possible. But it was still hard to believe.
It was a dark and starry night; it was beautiful then seemingly out of nowhere there was a loud clash of thunder followed by lightning. The bolt struck Isaiah right in the chest. He was shocked and scared you could see it in his eyes. I was shocked too; in all my seven days I've known him he has never been hurt. I know this because I've tried to stab him...twice and no I did not carry a knife around with me.
It was Monday early in the morning, when early I mean early it was about a minute past twelve. I awoke to a loud bang in the backyard; I being myself being as tired as I was went back to bed. Shortly later I was awoken again to the sound of a loud crash of wood and later followed by clashing pans. When I heard the pans I reached for the knife I used to cut fruit for breakfast that was by the bedside table. I walked down the stairs, then slowly towards the kitchen. There were feathers everywhere. When the feathers started to settle down I saw huge wings, my eyes widened I was scared but I was also curious. As walked closer I saw a humanoid figure. It stood and turned towards me, I panicked and stabbed him... well more like swishing my knife like a maniac at it. I knew the knife must have had cut it because the robe it wore was cut in the places I swished maniacally at. But nothing happened there was no sound of cries of agony or anything like that, it just kept on walking towards me. It suddenly stoped a few feet in front of me, it must have seen how scared I was and transformed into a seemingly human enough person and gave his hand towards me as if to give me a hand to stand up.
Well that was the first time he had never been hurt by anything manmade. The second time was when we were walking downtown (his wings were under a trench coat) and suddenly there was a loud gunshot. I being curious as usual dragged him towards where the sound was coming from. When we got there was a gun with lying on the ground and a lady screaming in agony and blood everywhere. Isaiah picked up the gun and was holding it in his hand as we walked towards the lady. As we were walking towards her, two people came running with three police officers. When the cops saw ISAIAH with the gun they freaked and pulled out theirs, telling him to put the gun down. Isaiah looked at the gun and raised it up at them they freaked again and shot at him with surprising accuracy. Lucky for me I was at the hiding behind a brick wall. As it was dark and a bit foggy, they couldn't really see anything. Isaiah dropped the gun, ran towards me, took of his trench coat and grabbed my arm. He extended his wings, ran and surprisingly flew.

There were countless times after that he has been shot at and beaten up but I won't get into that right now, Well where was I? Oh yeah, It was a dark and starry night; it was beautiful then seemingly out of nowhere there was a loud clash of thunder followed by lightning. The bolt struck Isaiah right in the chest. He was shocked and scared; you could see it in his eyes. I was shocked too; in all my seven days I've known him he has never been hurt. As I ran towards him, Isaiah reached for the huge hole in his chest. As he reaches for his chest he clasps his hand and falls to the ground with a sad expression on his face. When I reached him, I hugged him and cried. As he laid there dying, he looked up towards the sky, the beautiful, beautiful sky and closed his eyes.

Author Notes: Hope you guys enjoy it!!!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Liliesbloom
Liliesbloom
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
21 Mar, 2013
Genre
Type
Words
709
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
4,006

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.