Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Death Penalty
The Death Penalty

The Death Penalty

yaboyrobertRobert Thornton

The death penalty is a controversial punishment for people who have committed certain crimes. There are many people who don't believe in the death penalty because it is inhumane, but there are many others who believe it should be in use everywhere because it shows the right message to wrongdoers in our country. I personally understand both sides of the argument and where they get it from, but I would have to say that the death penalty should stay outlawed where they are, and the states that have it in use should really rethink why they are still utilizing it. Although there are more humane ways to kill someone nowadays, such as lethal injection, it isn't always the right thing to do. We shouldn’t stoop down to someone else's level just to do what we think is showing the right message. If we kill someone who killed another, does it really make us any better or different than them? Something that has come up in recent years is a pill that could make prisoners feel like they've been in jail for hundreds of years although it may have just been a few moments. If something like this was to be tested and proven safe and not harmful to a person, I would be behind the idea of giving this to prisoners who have committed any deserving crime with any kind of sentence because it could give people the opportunity to restart and better their lives without wasting them, like many people who have been wrongfully imprisoned have had to endure. An argument that some may have against this form of punishment is that because it doesn't take time out of peoples lives, will it really cure anything. If a 24-year-old man killed three people and was sentenced to 100 years in prison, but still came out at 24-years-old, would it really change him, or would he convert back to his old ways because they know they still have the rest of their lives to do whatever? People may never know until it is tested, but I personally feel it would change peoples lives for the better. Everyone who gets a sentence as long as 100 years, they never really make it through the whole sentence, they typically die in prison due to their age. But if they actually had to endure over 100 years, I feel that they would think a lot about their actions, because I know that I would never want to have to go through that twice, let alone once.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
yaboyrobert
Robert Thornton
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
3 Feb, 2019
Words
420
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,523

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.