Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Devils Smile
The Devils Smile

The Devils Smile

Alec_IgAlec

Charlie's POV

"Alana! What did I tell you about leaving your crap on the floor!" My dad, Leyon, shouted at his girlfriend. He wasn't a drunk or anything —he was a good dad, actually— he just got tired of her shit. "Sorry, Charlie. What were you saying?"

"Why are you with her? She constantly makes it apparent she doesn't like you. She just likes your money."

"It's just.. With you and Bryce out of the house, it gets lonely." He sighed, exasperated. Dad was one of the wealthiest people in the town of Hoodsport, Washington. Population 134. Right along the Hood Canal River, it was a very small town. One school, by Lucky Dog Casino, grade school through middle school.

"I know. Living in Shelton is pretty odd, considering most people don't know each other. Here, everybody knows everybody." I came to visit him, to make sure he was okay. Sometimes that town could get pretty crazy, considering how small it was. Everyone was like old grandmas, gossiping like there wasn't another way to go about the day.

"Well, why did you move out there?" He asked me.

"Needed a change of scenery, honestly. And the community college is close to where I live, instead of having to drive half an hour to the nearest Bigfoot Java and then to school." I said, and hugged him. "I have to go. I have a job interview at 10."

"Okay. I wish you luck. Love you, honey."

I picked up my bag and left, walking to my grey 2016 Jeep Wrangler. As I started it up with a roar, I heard a buzz from my purse. I pulled my phone out and see who was calling.

Mateo Allridge is calling..

I sighed, and answered it. "Hey, Mat. What do you need?"

"Can you come by after your interveiw. We have a situation at Neon Lights." He said gruffly. I could hear a slight commotion, which was strange since it was the middle of the day. For them at least.

"Sure. I'll be there as soon as possible." I replied, and he ended the call.

Neon Lights was the bar Mateo and I own. I help with the sales and stuff, he helps with the customers. I put my phone away and head toward Shelton.


Mateo

"Coke and rum," Jimmy said, and I nodded toward Eliana. He nodded back in acknowledgement, and started making it. "So, how've you been, Mateo?"

"Good, you?" I responded, as I dried a martini glass and hung it on the rack. Quickly, I wiped down the countertop.

"Good." That ended our conversation as Eliana slid his drink over to him.

I saw a flash of golden blonde hair as Charlie puts on an apron and slides behind the bar. "What was important?"

"A guy showed up, asking for you. Said he was an ex. I told him to leave, but he wouldn't. He left when security showed up." I informed her, and she looked like she wanted the floor to swallow her whole.

"Yo, pitcher of tap beer!" A guy shouted, and she snatched a pitcher and started filling it.

"Expected that to happen. He's relentless. Been following me since I got out of middle school. He's a dick. Just ignore him. If he shows up again, just call security." She said, and handed a waitress the pitcher. "Table eight. Thanks."

"Let's just get the day over with and we'll figure out what to do."

Author Notes: Shout out to ♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥ for helping me figure out the title name

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Alec_Ig
Alec
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
5 May, 2022
Words
574
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
455

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.