Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Facility

The Facility

By JustNicoleValiukas

The news reporter on TV was pretty. She had flowing red hair and a ha untingly vacant expression in her blue- green eyes which made me think she was slightly camera- shy. She was tall and graceful... and about to die.
We had already been watching another program, when the emergency announcement interrupted.
"Information has been leaked, regarding the virus that has been rumoured to have been recently set loose in the covert government testing lab known only as "The Facility." One of the employees working at the lab provided information of the possible release of the virus, which allegedly escaped the lab during a routine experiment gone awry. Little is known about the situation as yet..."
The woman broke of, squinting, seeming to peer curiously into the distance at something only she noticed. She blinked nervously, shrugged it off.She then snapped her attention back to the camera, and the trance was severed.
She continued ..."although the virus is reportedly airborne and if breathed in, could very well be harmful and in extreme cases fatal. This is-"
The world never got to hear what she had to say. Before she could finish her sentence, what she'd been looking at before revealed itself.
 The thing that had once been a man, but was now slavering in a wild, ravenous frenzy, a depraved glint in his completely white eyes, slammed into the young woman so hard she left the ground.
When she fell back to the ground, the thing sank its teeth into her delicate, pale throat, cutting off gurgling screams, and easily restraining her with one arm. She kicked, struggled and finally was still. Then the only sounds were gasps of horror and the sound of chunks of flesh being torn out, chewed and swallowed.
It abruptly stopped its feeding frenzy and paused to stare thoughtfully at the camera. It smiled a terrible, wicked smile, bloodstained, finely pointed teeth saturated with blood. Viscous crimson covered the entire bottom part of its face, dripped onto the floor.
"FUCK!" was all that was heard before the thing roared. The camera wobbled and toppled to the ground, obviously thrown from the somebody's grasp.
The world had gotten its first look at what the virus could do.
I think we all realised it, at that exact moment, that mankind was screwed. This was some serious, kill-us-all, we're finally done- for shit.
And most of us would die. Or be turned into a horrible parody of what we once were.
There is no survival in the end of days.

Author Notes: I LOOOOOVE ZOMBIES. I LOVE AUSTRALIA. I LOVE AMERICA. SCREW IT. I LOVE ALL COUNTRIES. i love caps lock, too.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
JustNicoleValiukas
JustNicoleValiukas
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 May, 2014
Words
432
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
2,923

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.