Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The flicker of Death
The flicker of Death

The flicker of Death

HelloStranger𓆩קhσꫀɳi᥊𓆪
2 Reviews

"We are NOT leaving her!" I scream at Damion.

"I know, I know, but we can't wait forever," he replies calmly while holding the door open.

That doorway. The doorway that led to a living hell. The doorway that Amber has yet to exit. I pace back and forth as everyone but Damion and I rush to the vans waiting to drive us to safety. I pause my pacing to look at the screen. The screen that shows who's in the building. There's only one dot on the screen. Amber. My Amber. My best friend since pre-k. We're closer than family. My fear turns to worry as I think about what's happening to her as the little dot slowly moves closer to the exit.

"If any of those creatures show up, I have to shut the door Grace." Damion says, his words full of despair. I look away. We both know if that door shuts it's not going to open again.

While watching Amber's dot come closer and closer I can't help but smile.

"She's gonna make it." I say with confidence. She comes closer.. and closer... The dot stops. I stare in confusion at the little dot. It starts going backward. It speeds up going faster and faster. I realize she's being chased by one of the ungodly things in that building. Instictively I run to the doorway, but before I can enter Damion grabs me and wraps me in his arms. "Let go of me!" I shout, dead set on getting to Amber before it's too late.

"I can't let you go back in there." He says while I try to wrestle my way out of his grasp. "You'll never reach her in time Grace," he tells me struggling to hold both me and the door.

"you don't know that," I hiss.

"Yes I do.." his voice trails off and his grip loosens. I escape out of his arms, but instead of running out the doorway I look at his face. It's dread. Pure dread. I follow his gaze to the screen. The dot is still. Then it flicks out.

"She can't be..." My voice is quiet as I stand in disbelief, eyes never leaving the screen.

"Grace.." I hear Damion call my name but his voice is distant and unfamiliar. "Grace are you alright?" He asks. My mind drifts back to the situation.

"No." I say so softly he can't hear me.

"What?" He asks.

"She can't be gone!" I burst, tears trickling down my face. I run to the doorway, but Damion is too fast and shuts the door before I can go through. "What. The. Hell." I say slowly, pronouncing every word individually.

"I-I'm sorry," he stutters in a small voice.

"You're sorry?" I ask menacingly. "You had no right to shut that door!" I shout.

"Well I couldn't just stand there while you went on a suicide mission." He said, trying to regain his calm composure.

"I'm not leaving without her." I state finality in my voice.

"Yes you are." He tells me. But before I can process what's happening, Damion picks me up and runs out of the room. He puts me in a van and climbs in after. "I'm so sorry Grace." He says as I bang on the window of the locked van.

A while after we've driven away, I quit banging and sink down in my seat. I close my eyes and images of Amber fill my mind. I let the tears well up in my eyes. Damion doesn't understand. No one understands, that when I lost Amber.. I lost a part of myself too. The part that knows how to smile. The part that knows how to love.

The part that made me... Me.

Author Notes: I hope you enjoyed! Feedback is appreciated. Love life and stay safe! :)

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
HelloStranger
𓆩קhσꫀɳi᥊𓆪
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
31 Jan, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
625
Read Time
3 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
797

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.