Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Gods and I
The Gods and I

The Gods and I

Andrew_And_AnaNugget

I ran into Black Hollow, aka ghost town. I needed to get away from this mother fricker. Fear was boiling in my veins. I saw a window, surprisingly the only one, made a split decision, and jumped into it at the last second. “Come out, come out wherever you are.” A sing-song voice said loudly. The sound of metal scraped across the pavement, but I was already running down the hall.

That was my psychotic ex. He kidnapped me two years ago.

My mask that covered my eyes fell off, and I scrambled to pick it up and place it on my eyes again. I had Third Eye, meaning I saw spirits, unwanted or wanted, and Gods. Like Loki? Or Hades. “Loki, or Hades, please help.” I whispered while running.

All of a sudden, there was black smoke, and two shadows appeared. “Reperio tenebrae. Remove eam ieiunium. Periculi tandem ex salvum me mate.” Both shouted, and there was a gargled scream. The clang of something metal fell. Then a muted thud.

Both shadows turned around, almost in unison. “Domina alright es tu?” Latin. Dammit, Latin. Of course!

“Do you speak English?” I asked them slowly. They looked at each other, then nodded.

“Yes.” The one on the left said.

“Do you want us out of our shadows?” The right one asked. I nodded.

There was a flash of smoke, then it disappeared, and there stood two men. The one on the right had black hair, with black horns protruding from his head, green eyes with cat-like pupils, and a muscled body. Wings were attached to his back, and he wore a gray T-shirt with black ripped jeans and biker boots. “I’m Loki. God of Mischief.” He had a devilish grin.

“You answered my prayer.” I mumbled. What do I do in this situation? Do I curtsy? Can I even curtsy? I probably don’t have the willpower to do a curtsy.

I looked over to the guy on the right. He wore the same outfit, but his hair was dark blue, his eyes were blue, and he had a scar over his right eye. “Hades. God of the Underworld.” He winked, and an evil yet stunning grin took over his face. A blush crossed my face.

“You were speaking Latin, right?” I asked them.

“Yes. Who was the man chasing you?” Loki asked.

“My ex. He kidnapped me two years ago, and I escaped.” I said. I grasped my mask and pulled it up so my eyes were showing, but the Third Eye was still hidden. I didn’t want to be seeing spirits.

“What’s with the mask?” Loki, again, asked me.

“I have Third Eye. I don’t want to see spirits.” I replied. I pulled at my torn up shirt, it probably barely covered my chest. Where were the Brownies when I needed them?

There was a gold flash, and three Brownies appeared. “Agūra lavō. Tuhānū kithē saṭa lagī hai, satigurū jī?” One of the girls said. She had a black leather dress covering her, and a small hat covered her head, with a ponytail.

I replied in the language, and said, “I’m not hurt, Lily. No need to bring grapefruit.” They all started to sulk, so I picked them all up and they started pulling at my hair.

“Bahuta sudara!” They all muttered, then started giggling.

“Mērē vālāṁ nū gaṛabaṛa nā karō,” I told them, and they muttered ‘okay’ in their language.

Loki and Hades were looking at me, surprised by the interaction. They turned to each other and started whispering a conversation.

“We need to take you to Zeus. He’ll be able to find your family.” Loki said finally, and I sighed.

“I knew it. I should have told you sooner.” I gathered up the courage to tell them my parents are dead. “My parents tried saving me a year ago. He killed them both. I have no relatives; no aunts or uncles, cousins, or grandparents. My godmother passed away due to cancer, and my godfather is in prison, as far as I know.” My godfather was wrongly accused of murder four years ago. I didn’t want to go to the real murderer, my uncle.

“Dammit.” Loki muttered, then sighed.

I felt a cold presence beside my shoulder, and pulled my mask off. There stood my ex, faded kind of. His brown hair looked more blonde, and his all-black outfit was more gray. His face had a murderous look on it, and his arm was raised. He lunged.

His cold hand wrapped around my neck, while the other hand clawed at my face. A gargled scream erupted from my throat, and both Gods’ faces held pure anger on them. “My pretty,” The ghost's raspy voice whispered, and blood ran over one of my eyes.

“Dimittas de me malum est! Deorum in faciem benedixerit tibi umquam de me paenitet et post tuam mortem!” I shouted, and he screeched.

He screeched again, then disappeared in ashes, while I gasped for breath. “Are you okay!?” Hades and Loki’s worried voices finally reached my ears.

“I’m fine. He’s gone. I’m fine.” I repeated, more to myself rather than to them.

“We need to get you to Zeus.” Hades said gruffly, and I reached for my mask, quickly setting it on my face.

“Take me to Athena. She’s a secret aunt.” I said, then picked up the three Brownies and set them on my wing. One was missing.

A flash, and there’s Athena. “Auntie!” I exclaimed and ran over to her open arms.

“Aurelia! How are you here?” She enveloped me in a hug.

“He was stupid and left the basement door open. Li helped me.” I explained to her.

“He got caught up in this mess, too?” Athena asked me in a sad tone.

“Unfortunately. But he got out, too. He said he was going to head somewhere hidden.” She nudged me back and inspected me.

“Gosh, what did he do to you?” She said, probably talking to herself.

“Athena.” Loki said, and she turned her attention to the two other Gods.

“Loki, Hades.” She nodded at them and then her little pug ran up and started yapping at them.

“Urso!” I said in surprise, that dog was as old as the Gods themselves, and laughed.

“What,” Loki said slowly, “is that? It looks like a guinea pig on steroids, or something.”

Hades cracked up, and he was wheezing already.

“That’s Urso, Athena’s pug.” Realization hit me, and I said in an urgent tone, “Is Boo still here?” Boo was my black cat, really named for her personality. She was able to sneak up on people and scare them shitless.

“Yes. She’s in your old room. She hates Urso, and hides out in there. Only comes out if she wants attention from your dad.” Athena smiled at me and gestured to where my old room was.

“Thanks, thanks.” I said and practically ran to the room. I opened the bedroom door and Boo launched himself at me. “Hey, Boo-boo.” I said and repeatedly petted her.

“How are you so fast at running, woman?” Loki’s voice filled the room.

“I had to keep up with Dad and Grandpa when we went from place to place. I had to be a fast runner.” I turned around and noticed he was closer than I thought. A blush immediately spread across my cheeks and over my nose.

“So this is Boo?” He looked at the cat.

“Yeah.” He attempted to pet Boo, but the cat just hissed at him and Loki jerked his hand back.

“Vicious beast,” He muttered.

“He’s not vicious. He’s just very emotional.” I said in a matter-of-factly voice.

“Yeah, you call it emotional, I call it vicious.” He grumbled, and I laughed.

“Get out so I can get to sleep. I need my beauty rest.” I ushered him out and headed to bed.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Andrew_And_Ana
Nugget
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
26 Jul, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
1,317
Read Time
6 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
624

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.