Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Hamilton Twins (Part 2: Flashbacks)
The Hamilton Twins (Part 2: Flashbacks)

The Hamilton Twins (Part 2: Flashbacks)

Angel_AquariusAngel_Aquarius
3 Reviews

(Alexsandra's POV)

I hurried down the hall to my brother's dorm, I knew where it was because we had told each other before we went our separate ways. I finally arrived and noticed the door was open so I stepped right in.

My brother stood there drenched in water, with three men in front of him, and a bucket on the floor. Alexander turned to me when I stepped into the dorm.

"Alexander! What happened?" I ran my fingers through his wet hair.

"We happened." Said a deep voice.

I looked up and noticed the deep voice belonged to a broad-shoulders man that could probably snap me in half if he wanted to. I'll admit I was a little bit scared of him.

"It was an accident! We didn't mean for the water to get on him." A boy with a lot of freckles and golden-brown curls explained to me.

"It really was an accident mon amie." A dark curled one said with a French accent.

I had to admit his accent was really calming to listen to. It reminded me of whenever I was scared Alexander would speak French with his best French accent to try and calm me down. The only time it didn't work was during thunderstorms. I and Alexander both hated thunderstorms... I won't go into detail about why.

"I'm going to take a shower and change." My brother grumbled as he turned around and walked out of the room with his bag.

"That didn't go too well..." The French one sighed.

"No, it didn't..." The freckled boy mumbled.

"Well I'm Alexsandra..the was my twin brother Alexander," I told them.

"Ah, nice to meet you mon amie. Gilbert du Motier Marquis de Lafayette."

I looked at him with shock at how long his name was.

"But you can just call me Lafayette." He told me.

"I'm John Laurens." The freckled boy said as he shook my hand.

"And I'm Hercules Mulligan!" The large man said with total pride in his name.

I couldn't help but snicker at the pride in his voice as he said his name. How did my brother not want to be friends with them? They're great!

"It's nice to meet you all!" I said as I gave them a warm smile.

They all returned my smile with smiles of their own.

"So why did you come over?" John asked me.

"Oh! I lost my keycard so I thought that maybe my brother had it, so I came to check." I told them as my cheeks turned a little pink from the embarrassment of losing my keycard.

"Don't be embarrassed! John loses things all the time!" Lafayette said with a laugh following after.

"Hey!" John punched Lafayette on the arm and Lafayette let out a grunt.

I laughed at the interaction between the two men.

"You and your brother are complete opposites aren't you?" Hercules asked me as he chuckled at Lafayette and John as well.

"Opposites? What do you mean?" I was completely confused about what he was trying to say.

"You nice, funny, and very open to new people. Your brother on the other hand is private, kinda rude, and can't take a joke." Hercules explained to me.

"Oh no! You got it all wrong!" They just weren't seeing the real Alexander.

"He does?" Lafayette said with a confused look.

"Yes! My brother really isn't that bad. He might tell you he doesn't want friends and can come off as rude but if you really just get to know him and can be really nice and kinda sweet."

"Can he really?" John asked me with more of a hopeful tone than questionable.

I nodded.

(Alexander's POV)

I took a deep breath as the hot water ran on my face.

*Those three are so....annoying...yeah annoying...I don't need them...I don't need friends...*

After I finished my shower I threw on some sweats and a white tee. I picked my bag up and head back towards my dorm. When I arrived my sister was sitting down talking to my three dormmates.

*She trusts people too much...*

They all looked over at me when I walked in. I sat my bag on the floor and John stood up and walked over to me.

(Alexsandra's POV)

John had stood up after Alexander placed his bag on the floor.

John held his hand out to Alexander. "Sorry again about earlier...I was hoping we could start over..?"

I was a little shocked when Alexander grabbed John's collar and pulled him where they were only about an inch apart. John's face had turned red, I guess he didn't expect it either. I heard Hercules and Lafayette quietly laughing behind me.

"I. don't. want. to. be. your. friend." My brother told John in a very cold tone.

I knew my brother wasn't actually a mean person, but he wasn't acting very nice right now.

"O-Okay..." John stuttered as Alexander let go of his collar.

Alexander walked past him and stopped at me.

"What did you need?" He asked me.

"Oh right! I think you might have my keycard." Right as I said it Alexander went over to his bag and then pulled out a keycard.

"This one is yours right?" He asked me as he showed me the keycard.

"Yeah, it is! Thanks, bruv!" Alexander cringed at what I called him but didn't say anything about it.

I waved goodbye to my brother and walked back to my dorm.

(Alexander's POV)

As soon as my sister left I grabbed my laptop, sat down on what I believe was my bed since it didn't have any objects or special pillows on it as the other three did.

"Aren't you going to unpack?" Hercules asked me.

I looked up at him. "Later."

I began quickly on an essay that I needed to finish tomorrow. I was so sucked into the essay I had not realized how late it had gotten. I jumped as I heard a crash of thunder.

*Damn it! Nononono! Not now!*

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up and it was John. Hercules and Lafayette were sitting on the end of the bed.

"Are you alright Alexander?" John asked me as he placed his hand on my back.

"I-I'm fine..."

*Curse me for stuttering!*

"You sure man? You look a little freaked out." Hercules said as he and Lafayette sat on the other side of me.

I closed my eyes shut as another crash of thunder rang.

"Mon ami?" I heard Lafayette say worried.

(Flashback in Alexander's POV)

I tried to keep my head above the water as best as I could. No one saw the hurricane coming.

"Alexander!" I heard a voice scream behind me.

I turned to see my sister. "Alexsandra!"

She swam up to me. "God! I thought I lost you. I'm glad I found you and Peter! I thought-"

My sister stopped talking and her eyes were full of fear.

"Alexandra? What's wrong?!" Peter asked her.

I turned to look at what she was staring at and then I quickly understood her fear.

"Pe-!" I didn't finish before a wave crashed down on all of us.

I gasped as my headshot up to the surface. I coughed and looked around for Peter and Alexandra.

"Guys! Where are you!?"

I took a deep breath and went underwater I saw both Peter and Alexandra sinking. I swam down as fast as I could and grabbed hold of their hands. I tried my best to hold on to them, but I knew deep down that I couldn't hold on to both of them. I had two decisions: Let one of them go or sink down with them both. Before I could process which one to do Peter's hand slipped from mine. I tried to grab hold of it again but I couldn't reach him anymore. I wrapped my arms around my sister's waist and swam to the surface.

Alexsandra'a head shot up and she coughed and hacked up some water. We were both sitting on a roof that wasn't under the water yet.

"Alexander? Where's Peter?" Alexsandra asked me as she coughed up some more water.

I cleared my throat and was able to get two words out. "He's gone."

(Flashback over)

"Alexander!" I heard a worried voice shout.

I opened my eyes to John shaking me.

"I'm ok!" I croaked, my voice sounded just like it did that day during the hurricane.

"You sure...? You started screaming...and your crying..." Hercules asked as he placed his hand on my back.

"I-I...I j-just......I-I couldn't save them both...." I told them between tears.

John had pulled me into an embrace. "Save who?"

I didn't answer the question I just hugged him back and cried into his shirt.

John stroked my head. "It's ok...You don't have to answer..."

"You can tell us when your ready mon ami..." Lafayette said as he joined me and John's hug.

"We're here for you." Hercules had joined the hug as well.

(Alexsandra's POV)

I walked back to my dorm and opened the door with my keycard. I walked in a sat my bag on the free bed.

*I wonder what my dormmates are like?*

I heard the door open and three girls walked in.

The one in the middle was taller than the other two. She had dark curls that flowed down past her shoulders, her eyes were like orbs of milk chocolate. She had a very determined face and she seemed like the girl that wasn't afraid to speak her mind. The smaller one beside her was obviously the youngest of the three. Her curls were up in a tight ponytail, her brown eyes were lighter than the middle girls, and they had a hint of amber in them. She looked fun to talk to and you could tell she was a little wild. The one on the other side had the calmest looking out of the three. Her silky black-brown hair flowed down her back and her eyes were a mix of the two others.

"So you're our dormmate?" The middle one said with a demanding tone.

"Yes! I'm Alexsandra! It's nice to meet you all!" I held my hand out as I introduced myself.

The shortest one grabbed hold of my hand a shook it. "I'm Margarita! But you can just call me Peggy!"

"Pleasure to meet you, Peggy!" I shook her hand and gave her a warm smile.

"Eliza." The calm one gave me a welcoming smile.

I turned to look at the one that hasn't given me her name yet.

"It's Angelica."

"And we're the Schuyler Sisters!" Peggy literally shouted.

"I'm the Hamilton Sister!" I replied and got a laugh out of Peggy and Eliza.

"You're funny, I like you!" Peggy said with a big smile.

I chuckled. "Thanks. I like you too." I sat down on a bed and pulled out my laptop.

Peggy flopped down beside me Eliza sat on the other side of me. Angelica sat down on the desk and got absorbed in her own work.

"Whatcha working on?" Peggy asked me.

"Oh, just a paper that's due tomorrow." I quickly typed away at the keyboard.

"Boring.." Peggy groaned.

Eliza laughed and rubbed her sister's back.

Time passed and I didn't realize how late it was until I heard a crash of thunder. I jumped and my laptop fell to the floor.

"Alexsandra? What's up?" Peggy asked me with a confused look.

Eliza rubbed my back in a comforting way.

I hadn't realized I was crying until the tears were already flowing down my cheeks.

"Oh, dear!" Eliza cradled me in her arms and stroked my head. "Shhh.."

Peggy placed her hand on my back and drew circles with her finger. "It's ok...don't be scared...we'll protect you.."

I closed my eyes and listened to Eliza as she sang a quiet lullaby, soon enough I had fallen asleep.

Author Notes: ~Sorry if this chapter seems rushed. I tried to make it flow as best to my ability, a little Lams and Hamliza with the hugs if that counts. Don't you all worry there will be some ships soon.~

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Angel_Aquarius
Angel_Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
14 Aug, 2021
Words
1,996
Read Time
9 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
868

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.