Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Life of a Squirrel Part 1: A Squirrel Wedding
The Life of a Squirrel Part 1: A Squirrel Wedding

The Life of a Squirrel Part 1: A Squirrel Wedding

DurandalDurandal
3 Reviews

Part One: A Squirrel Wedding

Squirrel was nervous, the day was finally here. He scrambled through the forest, He couldn’t be late! Once he found the right tree, he went around to the other side and scrambled in a small hole on a root that was barely sticking out of the ground. Inside, he found a small room full of squirrels and chipmunks. His mom was sitting in the front row crying happy tears.

When he approached, she exclaimed, “My baby is all grown up!”

“Yup, I am.” Squirrel said.

He walked to the front and waited. The pinecone organ began to whistle a slow tune. Squirrel turned around and saw Squirrelett walking up the aisle toward him. He tried to stay calm as she stepped next to him. An old turtle slowly walked to stand in front of them.

“Is everyone here?” He asked, “Yes? Ok, let’s get on with this.”

As the ceremony went on Squirrel started to get more and more excited. He had been waiting for this moment his whole life.

“I, with the power self-entrusted in me,” the old turtle said, “I now pronounce you squirrel and-”

He was interrupted when the tree root began to tremble. The ceiling was suddenly ripped off by huge claws. When the claws were removed, a giant orange and white head appeared in the opening.

“FOX!” someone shouted.

“Jackpot,” the fox said to himself.

He pushed his head farther into the room and lunged at the two squirrels at the front.

“Run!” Squirrel said, but it was too late.

The fox snapped his jaws and swallowed Squirrelett.

“NOOOOO!!!” Squirrel yelled

Continued in Part 2: Planning Revenge

Author Notes: This is a short story, but I will continue it.

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Durandal
Durandal
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
26 Feb, 2020
Words
276
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
4.3 (3 reviews)
Views
1,561

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.