Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Life Of A Teen-Aged Mess #3

The Life Of A Teen-Aged Mess #3

By WannabeArora - 4 Reviews

When I open my eyes Joseph is sitting next to me. I can't tell where we are, but it's peaceful. I can hear water a lake or river, maybe. I hear shuffling and I turn my head to look to see what it was. Joseph is getting a bowl and a rag. We are in what looks like a tent but my vision is still blurry. I blink a couple times but it doesn't help much. I hear him coming back so I close my eyes. I feel his hand touch my forehead and then move some hair from my face. It's so cold right now and when he touches me it send a shiver up my spine. I open my eyes it's still blurry but I can see him. He is looking down at the bowl it has a rag in it. He rings it out so it's not dripping then turns to me. He pauses when he see's my eyes. "Hey your awake." I open my mouth to talk but nothing comes out. I feel so weak and cold that my body just isn't working. "Are you hungry?" I nod. He puts the rag on my head. "I'll get you something to eat. I'll be right back, ok?" I nod again.
It feels like forever before I'm not alone again. He comes back with a bowl of something that is steaming. He sets it down on the table and comes over to help me sit up. Once I'm up-right he grabs the bowl and sits on the edge of the bed. "Do you need me to help you." I don't won't to seem helpless so I reach for the bowl and he hesitantly hands it to me. I take the spoon carefully and open my mouth I'm already feeling myself waking up. As I eat my soup he makes sure I don't drop it on myself.
When I finally finish I give him the bowl. "You should get some more rest."
"I don't want to." I can talk!
"Ok what do you want to do?"
"I don't know. How bad is it? And how long have I been out?"
"It's broken and a couple of days. Your mom knows your here, don't worry."
"Ok thanks. What about Eve does she know I'm here?"
"Yeah she does."
"How many times has she tried to kill me?"
He laughs "I wouldn't let her hurt you." He says with a smile on his face. "You want to take a walk?"
"I don't know if I can, but I really want to try."
"I'll help you. I promise I won't let you fall." I swing my legs off the edge of the bed. When I see my foot I take a deep breath. He stands up and holds his hands out to me. I take them and put all my pressure on my left leg. the one that's not hurt. I'm dizzy and a little wobbly at first but he puts his hands on my sides to help steady me. "You good?"
"Yeah I think so let's go on a walk." I say with a little laugh at the end. He turns so he only has one hand on my hip. He stands on my right side. My hand is around his neck. surprisingly for the first time I'm feeling his muscles. I can't believe I've never noticed them before. It feels good to be out of the bed but it hurts to walk. "I'm walking!" I scream with a laugh.
"Yeah you are!" He screams with me. This close I can tell he has freckles. He moves the tents door out of the way so I can move through the hole in the leather. Now that I can see outside I see there are only ten tents and a fire pit in the middle of them. The area is surrounded by trees. The lake is behind them. only a few people are out mostly little kids screaming and chasing each other. "It's really early."
"Did you stay up all night?" With the light out here I can see dark circles under his eyes he looks tired.
"Yeah why?"
"Why would you stay up all night?"
"Because on the nights I didn't I worried about you." I hadn't noticed I stopped walking.
"I want to go to the lake." I say without looking at him.
"Ok." He says. We head in the direction of the lake in silence. When we get there I sit down on the rocks and he joins me. on the way I had picked some flowers and I start to make a flower crown out of the ones I got. I put my feet in the water and relax. "Sorry I shouldn't have said that. I know you have a boyfriend I just..." He stops there he is sitting on the rock slightly higher than mine and he is looking into the distance.
"It's ok." I say still making my crown. Me and my dad used to make these all the time and we give them to my mom. I never wanting to have a crown. I was a weird child. We continue to sit in silence. When I finish my crown I put it on the rocks between us. He picks it up and puts it on my head. He smiles and so do I then his smile fades and he leans in and kisses me. he immediately pulls back and looks worried.
"Sorry." He whispers. He runs his hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry Nicole. I don't know what wrong with me. Sorry.
someone is running towards us I turn to see who it is. It's my mom. "Your awake." She runs to me and helps me to my feet then gives me a hug. "I missed you so much."
"I missed you to." But I can't take my eyes off Joseph. He seems nervous; wiping his palms on his pants and breathing through his mouth. He looks up at me and his shoulder slump and he looks down at his hands.
"Ok." She says as she pulls away. "I have a meeting in an hour I have to go but I'm going to leave you with your grandma ok?" She kisses me n the forehead. "I love you." And she starts toward the house. then I'm alone with him again I sit on the rock across from him. I know I shouldn't but I lean in and kiss him. he tenses and then relaxes. his hand find mine. When I pull away I only go a few centimeters because his hand is on the back of my neck keeping me there. My hair his up so I can feel his hand on my skin. it send chills down my spine and I realize how cold I am I let go of his hand I sit down on him and get as close as I can. I can feel his warmth and I can hear his heart. he wraps his hand around my legs at the knees and his other hand is on my back he stands and I can hear the lake fading behind us.
When we are back in the tent he gets me a sweeter that is too big for me and slides of my shoulder. other than that I think it's pretty. its green my favorite color. he wraps it around and then gives me a hug. I can't believe I kissed him I feel so guilty. He pulls back and looks me in the eyes. "I know this might be the last time I get to do this so..." He leans in and kisses me and I kiss him back. someone comes in to the tent and he stops kissing me. He lets go of me and turns to see who it is. It's my grandma.
"Hi Grammy."
"Hey baby." My grandma says to me. she is old but not that old she's only 52 this year. "Joseph honey can I talk to my granddaughter please?"
"Of course." He walks out without even glancing at me.
"Sit down child. I'm going to tell you what you are." My grandma is a straight forward person so I just nod. "You are a seeker. And seekers are very dangerous. Hopefully you'll have good intensions."
To Be Continued

Author Notes: Sorry it was late this week my computer hates me. <3

Recommend Reviews (4) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
WannabeArora
WannabeArora
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
26 Aug, 2014
Words
1,481
Read Time
7 mins
Favorites
5 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
4.8 (4 reviews)
Views
12,861

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.