Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The lottery

The lottery

By Chantal - 1 Review

It came in the mail, one early Wednesday morning. It was as though I hadn't forseen its arrival. I chuckled and thought to myself, how little chance of this I had had!

Last Friday I had been sitting in bed wondering, contemplating my future and what my fate would be. Out of a job as usual was I and paying my rent with benefits... What a hell of a life I thought to myself...

Then on Saturday morning I looked out of the window and saw the mist in the sky. I felt a change come over me as I put on my clothes and shoes and plodded down the stairs. Another morning, another day, another beginning to the unknown...

I felt my fingers on the pen, choosing my numbers meticulously... What chance had I? I thought to myself. I felt the shop assistant's fingertips touch my own as I handed over the change. Another day of hope, for a better life, come what may.....

I switched on the television, recklessly throwing the remote control on the floor. It was music to my ears, I couldn't believe it. I had won the lottery!

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Chantal
Chantal
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
6 Feb, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
193
Read Time
<1 min
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
775

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.