Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Love Inside for You

The Love Inside for You

By Addie - 1 Review

Brooke and Jay had always liked each other.

Ever since they laid eyes on each other on the first day of school in the sixth grade, they knew they were meant to be.

Even though they were quite different.

Jay was very funny, had a lot of friends, and could be a little troublesome, but was a good, smart kid.

Brooke was quiet, kind, and a very smart child, but never boasted about it. She never got in trouble, and had a very tight group of friends.

But that didn't stop them from liking each other.

The years went by and their love for each other grew stronger and stronger. But they both kept this secret deep inside of them. No one in the world knew that they liked each other.

If you paid attention close enough, you could tell that they liked each other. Jay would always do little things for Brooke. Open the door for her. Pick up her pencil. Offer to get a book off of a high shelf.

And Brooke would always do little things for Jay. Offer to help with homework. Say, Good luck, when there was a big game coming up. Let him borrow a pencil.

But their love for each other really showed one day in their freshmen year in high school.

Jay was just walking through the halls, he had finished lunch early, so he decided to take a little walk. Then suddenly, he heard crying and laughing. It wasn't a joyful laugh, though. Not the kind of laugh when you hear a funny joke. No, this was a different laugh.

Jay went to investigate, and soon came upon two older boys, had to be seniors, who were saying rude insults and kicking a scrunched up figure.

Jay then realized it was Brooke.

An anger seethed in Jay. An anger he had never felt before.

He started to run to the boys, and yelled, "Stop!"

The boys looked at him, smirked at each other, and said, in a mocking baby voice, 'Oh, does the little boy want to defend his girlfriend?"

"No!" Jay said. Even though I wish she was my girlfriend, he thought.

Then suddenly, one of them said," Let's see what he thinks of this!"

The boy pulled back his arm, and was going for a punch.

Jay started to run down that hall and jumped in front of Brooke, just soon enough to take the punch.

"Jay?!" Brooke said. Running to his side. Tears streaming down her face.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jay said. He winced in pain."What did they do to you?"

"Well, I was just walking to the bathroom, and they jumped out in front of me. I asked them to please move, but they told me no. Then they pushed me down, and started calling me mean names. I have one question, though.

"What is it?"

"Why did you take that punch for me?"

Jay's cheeks got red, and started to stutter," Uh, well, b-because."

He took a deep breath and said," Because I like you. I like you more than anything in the world. You are my everything. I've liked you since I first saw you all the way back in sixth grade. And all I want to do is protect you. That's why."

Brooke blushed and looked to the ground.

She said,"Same."

"Really?!"

"Of course!"

Jay smiled ear to ear and then hugged her.

Brooke just looked at him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Then they both walked together, hand in hand, back to lunch.

Epilouge:

Brooke and Jay dated all through high school, and into college. They married and had three children. Brooke and Jay lived a long, happy life.

Author Notes: “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.”
― Alfred Tennyson

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Addie
Addie
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
1 Feb, 2019
Words
624
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,798

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.