Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Magically Mixed Up High School Mystery
The Magically Mixed Up High School Mystery

The Magically Mixed Up High School Mystery

HermioneMalfoyHermione Malfoy
3 Reviews

I always wanted to be a character in a book...until it happened.

It was Friday the 13 in mid-December. I was with my best friend, Daniel, sitting outside the gym during Biology. We were skipping class because Dr. Melvin was the worst teacher known to mankind. “Only thirty more minutes of class left,” said Daniel, checking his watch. “Then we should grab lunch from the cafeteria and make a dash for it…Dr. Melvin could see us.”

“Good idea,” I said, shading my eyes and looking towards the cafeteria. “We should eat down in the parking lot, then go to English unnoticed.”

“I’m hungry,” said Daniel, his stomach growling. “Let’s go see if the cafeteria already has some food.”

The cafeteria was full of middle schoolers who were having lunch. The self serve table was almost empty, so Daniel and I grabbed the take-out boxes and filled them with the rest of the mashed potatoes. For some reason, I felt the air was at unease. Something wasn't right. Then the bell rang, signaling the end of the middle schooler’s lunch.

“That’s weird, their lunch doesn’t end for another twenty-five minutes,” said Daniel.

“It doesn’t matter, let’s get out of here,” I said, running towards the door. Something clearly wasn’t right about this.

“Amber, wait!” called Daniel, who had dropped his take-out box. He kneeled over on the grass, putting all the food back in.

But for some reason, I felt a strong urge to run. “Something’s not right, Daniel, let’s go,” I said, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

He picked up his box, scowling. “Let’s go to the parking lot,” he said. “I may need some of your—”

“No, I mean out of here,” I said. “I don’t like this at all…”

“But school isn’t even halfway over yet!” said Daniel.

Then it happened. The wind started blowing really hard, even though it had been peaceful seconds before. In the distance, trees were wildly blowing and a few car alarms went off in the parking lot. I looked around for Daniel and was shocked to see that he had disappeared.

“Daniel?” I called out. “Where did you go?”

Then the blowing wind halted, and right before my eyes, the air parted into a black hole. I stared at it in shock before suddenly, my body was being gravitated towards it like opposite poles of a magnet. I tried to push back, but the force was way too strong.

I called out wildly for Daniel, but there was absolutely no sign of him. With one last look at the school behind me, I was sucked into the portal and vanished.

Author Notes: Stay tuned for part 2!

Recommend Reviews (3) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
HermioneMalfoy
Hermione Malfoy
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
30 Jan, 2022
Words
441
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (3 reviews)
Views
1,180

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.