Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Merchant
The Merchant

The Merchant

MeckenzieVMeckenzieV
1 Review

The kingdom couldn't stay in its wicked state, so she decided to change it. It might of been a foolish act and one she'd definitely pay dearly for, but the girl knew she couldn't bear to see the kingdom destroy itself. And, she was perfect for the job. No one ever suspected a mere merchant woman to be able to succeed in committing such a heinous crime, and now the empire's in chaos. She didn't regret a thing. All her life she was waiting to be the one that sent the King's head rolling to the floor. And now that it was done, the woman willingly dropped her weapon and let them take her.

The roar of hatred from the crowd surrounded the woman as she was lead through the roughly paved cobblestone streets. But even then, as the ropes were being tightly bound around her, the merchant held her head high. She tuned everything out and instead pictured all the raging people standing before her smiling and shouting the woman's name in praise. She knew they would thank her for freeing them all of their burden later. It was a pity she wouldn't be there to hear it, but sacrifices had to be made for the greater good.

So, as the red hot breath of the flames rose and danced around her, licking her skin and scorching her hair, she couldn't help but smile too.

Author Notes: Thank you for taking the time to read my story! I appreciate it.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
MeckenzieV
MeckenzieV
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Oct, 2019
Words
236
Read Time
1 min
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
1,253

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.