Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Perfect Magazine Cover

The Perfect Magazine Cover

By Mitzi Danielson-Kaslik

The room is like a perfect magazine cover; I'm afraid to sit in case I wrinkle the fabric or stain it with something I don't even know is on my shorts for it is so perfect the slightest damage could ruin it. The couch is cream but inlaid with a fine green silk; leaves embroidered so delicately that they might have landed there in spring and just sunk in, left unnoticed, but I know they must have taken hundreds of hours to sew. The white curtains are linen, the kind of pale that is untouched by hands and devoid of dust. A cursory look to the right shows me the almost hidden cords that are used to open and close them. There is no television and no dining table, only the chairs arranged neatly intermingled with bright colourful oil lamps. The photographs in oak frames upon the walls are black and white arranged to look like such by a professional. Any one of them wouldn't look out of place in a spread of Hello. The floor is a high polished wood, dark and free of either dust or clutter.

Author Notes: First day of my mindfulness challenge

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Mitzi1776
Mitzi Danielson-Kaslik
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
1 Aug, 2019
Words
189
Read Time
<1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
654

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.