Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Revenge of the Bride (Pt 1)
The Revenge of the Bride (Pt 1)

The Revenge of the Bride (Pt 1)

IsLoveAnIllusion-- The Huntress --

“Once upon a time, there was a beautiful place, right here in our homeland, where trees grew on twisted paths and lotuses bloomed on the surface of the pond that was connected to a wild, raging waterfall.” The grandmother sat in her rocking chair, telling this tale as old as time to the band of young children who sat there, eager to hear.

“But every paradise has its flaws and dangers. Accidents happen all around the paradise, as it was a warning sign for unwanted intruders. Some say that this lays in the hands of physics, but others say this is it is the revenge of the fallen bride.”

A collective gasp rippled through the band of children who are perched in front of the fireplace. Faces lit up when the word ‘revenge’ slipped through her old, wrinkled lips. Kids these days, always love a good old scary story. She shook her head and smiled.

“Yes, revenge. It all started...quite normally, actually. It was the day of the marriage and everyone is hustling and bustling, eager to please the newest couple. Maids flounced around the bride, fussing about her dry skin and drooping eyelids, but they failed to notice the weary eyes, the irritated cheeks and the bitter smile.” The children’s lively eyes began to dull, and their eyelids start to fall. The old woman couldn’t help but rolled her eyes a little.

“The bride was nowhere near happy, in fact, she was at the opposite end of the spectrum. She knew that her husband-to-be was unfaithful to her, but she would want to smile through the pain, just this once. Besides, who knows if she would make it till the dawn of the day?” The children’s sleepy eyes snapped open and curiosity poured into their sparkly little orbs.

“Is that a threat?” One of the children shouted out, earning a few scorching looks and a few half-hearted giggles. The genuine smile that was on the old woman’s face slipped off, but she quickly replaced it with a fake smile. The children didn’t seem to notice.

“And so the bride stretched her smile, unfurrowed her brows, and tried her best to make herself look happy, no, overjoyed, as a bride should be. Schedules and presents were stuffed in her hands, blessings and kisses were blown her way, but nothing could light up her gloomy day.” The old woman continued her tale, the ghost of a smile that was hanging on her lips a few moments ago gone.

They should never learn the dark side of humanity. No, not now, not ever. Or maybe until they are older than they are now. Innocent eyes should stay innocent until the time is right.

Until then……

Author Notes: Pt 2 coming up soon! Hang on tight!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
IsLoveAnIllusion
-- The Huntress --
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
26 Nov, 2019
Type
Words
454
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
796

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.