Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The True Self
The True Self

The True Self

eloise2006eloise2006

As I looked up at the red, aluminous sky, I saw something. I thought oh maybe I’m just being silly, I’m just tired it is obviously nothing. I closed my eyes and opened them again. But no, it was still there, that something was drawing me in closer and closer. I could feel myself being lifted by this thing. I grew bigger and bigger, then I realised it was not growing, this thing had lifted me of, my roof and It was dragging me towards it. I tried to scream but nothing came out, my mouth had been sewed up. I tried to move but I couldn’t I was paralysed. I did not know what to do, I just gave up. I let myself be drawn into this thing. It sucked me into a world, a complete opposite world that I have been living if. I looked around and everywhere were people, they looked happy. They looked like they had no worries. They looked… perfect. I looked around some more. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something that was very familiar, almost the same exact person to me, but yet she looked so different. She looked so happy and she looked like she was just so perfect. Almost like a younger me. It’s not easy seeing her she looks so carefree. She looks like she has hope. She is with her; I mean my old best friend. If only she knew what was about to come. I miss the old me. It’s not easy being me now, I have no hope, I felt hopeless, I did not even want to be in this world anymore. I asked myself the other day what the point of this world is. What is the point of living in reality? My boyfriend has just broken up with me, my best friend has moved on too someone else, and most lunches I just sit in the toilet. I don’t even eat; I don’t deserve to. I mean I know I should, but it is like when I have time between crying my eyes out and lessons, there just is not anytime to. I saw her sitting there and playing, and I saw another little girl, she was all alone. I felt so bad. I tried to go over there but I could not go any further. My mouth still sewed shut and my arms barely feeling anything. And my legs shaking with each step. The strange thing that I saw, that was drawing me in. showed up again. It was red and it looked mysterious, it had a red cape on and came towards me closer and closer. It started to become bigger and bigger, terrified I walked back scared of what it would do if he caught me, I tried to walk back but I tripped and stumbled. Ripping my skin open, but I just did not hear any pain. I did not feel anything, it was almost like this creature, this thing had numbed me all over. I could not feel a thing, I felt myself being drifted away. I felt myself trying to keep going but my eyes felt so heavy. I could not keep them open. I did not want to let go, I tried so hard not to. But it was just so peaceful. I let myself go, I let myself drift into a world of forgiveness and I was finally free of everything that had happened to me, I let myself go, I just couldn’t hold on anymore. Or so I thought. I woke up in my bed the next day, my head pounding and my heart thumping against my rib cage. I looked at the cut on my leg…. It had gone completely disappeared. It’s strange because it is almost like I could not remember anything that I saw, the only thing I could remember was seeing myself. I finally sat up feeling really lightheaded and faint. I looked around, just to make sure I was not hallucinating. I was not, but as I did look in the mirror that same red mysterious figure I had seen as staring back at me, I jumped out of bed quickly. Scared for my life I ran downstairs. Panting on the way down, I tripped down the stairs, hearing footsteps behind me. screaming I ran into my living room, my mum staring at me. she asked me why I was screaming and what was wrong. I did not want to burden her or scare her so I just said, ha ha got you, she believing it and laughing. I ran into my garden for some fresh air, looking behind me to make sure that he was not there. He was not, I thought I had lost him. But out of nowhere I felt something touch my shoulder, scared to look behind me, I closed my eyes and turned around. Nothing was there… out of no where I felt another tap, this time I did not even hesitate to turn around. He was there standing there with his red cape, hanging over his face. He looked up from the ground, it was almost like he had no face, it was just pure darkness, he grabbed my hand, and my whole arm just started going dark, it was almost like he was transferring all his anger and frustration onto me. I started to feel down and depressed and all of a sudden I was the one who had the cape over me. I started to rise up into the air, I felt powerful as if I could do anything. My whole body just became stronger. I lifted up into the air back to the red sky that I had seen before, after I went into that red sky I never came back out. I was the leader now. I was the one who can control people. I felt more like me then ever before. I was my true self.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
eloise2006
eloise2006
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
24 Nov, 2020
Genre
Words
999
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
710

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.