Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Zombie

The Zombie

By Chris-r82

It is post-apocalyptic Earth, Zombies populate most of the planet now. Human and animal numbers are dwindling all the time.

He staggers slowly down the road, no idea where he is going, he does not have a fully functioning brain, no capacity to form any sort of coherent or sensible thoughts or plans, he just keeps moving on. Sometimes he has other Zombies with him, all of them getting in each others way.

He wants what they want. Warm bodies, they want ‘warmies’ so they can eat their flesh. He doesn’t know why, it’s not like it provides an energy boost, or a chance to put weight on. He is, to all intents and purposes, a skeleton with rotting flesh stuck on.

It is a miserable and rotten existence.

He has no memories of who he was before he was infected. Not that it matters anymore, not here at the end of the World.

He has no conception of life or death, he has no awareness of the fact that he was already dead, yet here he was walking about trying to eat the living.

The only way to kill a Zombie is to destroy the brain, a bullet or a strong blow, or blows to the head would suffice.

However, if a Zombie brain was never destroyed - how long can it live?

Is it eternal?

It’s not like it’s going to get ill or contract a fatal disease and die.

What happens when there are no more humans or animals left to eat?

Anybody got any answers or theories?

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Chris-r82
Chris-r82
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
1 Oct, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
261
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
376

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.