Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Unbreakable Law-Part Nine
Unbreakable Law-Part Nine

Unbreakable Law-Part Nine

BookNerd123Black Sheep

(Oak's pov.)

'The night after the party, you know which one. Meet me on the roof a minute after midnight.'

I stare at the clock that sits peacefully on my bedside table, 12:00 p.m. I stare begging it to speed up and skip to the next minute. This just seems to make it slow down and make a minute fill as if it is an eternity. I close my eyes, rubbing them. I glance back over at the clock, 12:01.

I sigh happily, pulling my jacket on, and flying out of my open window. The cold night air rushes through my wings, I soar against the breeze. Drinking in the sweet feel of flying and the smell of the night air. I land lightly on my feet, the shingles groaning beneath me.

The silhouette of a tall slender figure stands twenty feet away, cloaked by the dark of the night. "Hello," I call out, trying to keep my voice calm, but worry seeps through. The figure walks closer, slowly. They step into the moonlight,"hello." I feel the blood freeze in my veins, voice stuck in my throat, and eyes wide open in horror. "Am I not what you expected?" They question, laughing harshly. I open my mouth, no sound coming out.

"No questions? Do you know who I am?" I nod, gathering my voice and the dredges of my courage. He chuckles. "Y-you are Nightshade." He laughs,"that I am. What have you heard about me?" I swallow,"everyone knows the story. Y-you killed Prince Calendula." He frowns, "I-I did no such thing." I stare at him waiting.

Nightshade has dark black hair, a scarred fleshy face, a tall slende build, and gold eyes.

"I was in line to rule and so was he. We were enemy kingdoms, we-we were stuck." I raise an eyebrow, as a gesture for him to elaborate. "I-I loved him, we were going to run away. His younger brother, your grandfather, found out. He reported us, I was exiled. He wanted to fight and they slaughtered him, I ran." He hangs his head ashamedly. "All I did was run."

Tears fall down his scarred cheecks, he angrily wipes them away. "His own father slaughtered him, while his brother watched, and all I did was run." He mumbles more to himself than to me. "Why did you come back?" He looks up and straight into my eyes. Sadness, anger, hatred, and self-loathing float penly there. "I-I want to help you. It is about time the law is changed."

I chuckle sadly,"he dosen't want to be with me." The man sighs,"then we will make it to where future Princes and Princesses can marry who they please. Even if it dosen't benefit you it will benefit them." I nod, agreeing, because I am already in to deep. Digging the hole further won't hurt anymore than it already has.

"Okay. What do we do?" He smiles.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
BookNerd123
Black Sheep
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
25 Feb, 2021
Words
490
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
383

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.