Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Unsaid
Unsaid

Unsaid

ThomastheRayThomas Ray
2 Reviews

There are many reasons why I might not say something. Maybe it's awkward, maybe it seems pointless, maybe I'm too tired or lazy, or maybe it's something I've kept so close to my chest for as long as I can remember, and the idea of sharing that with anyone feels like a violation of my own privacy.

Timing is everything. Certain times call for small talk. Others require intimacy. Some require possibly hurtful or offensive words. And of course some times call for silence. Some things are better left unsaid.

But it still upsets me to hold anything back, even when I know with absolute certainty that waiting is the best option. When moving forward requires a conversation you know should wait, how do you handle the time between now and then? You can say "there's something I want to say but can't", but that feels clumsy and creates a river of anxiety and guesswork. You could try to just hold it in, but that'll inevitably manifest in your demeanor, and might come up before you're ready. Or, you could throw caution to the wind and let things happen as they will. Pretend there's no such thing as the "right time" and live every day like it's your last. Or maybe just live one day as if it's your last. Then, when that day is over, and you find yourself in another, it'll be a different tomorrow ahead of you, with one less secret, one less burden.

How long can you leave something unsaid?

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
ThomastheRay
Thomas Ray
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
28 Jul, 2021
Words
254
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
3 (View)
Rating
4.5 (2 reviews)
Views
1,155

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.