Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Untitled (Ignorance)

Untitled (Ignorance)

By boomman17

-IGNORANCE!
I’m talking about that type of ignorance.
-You ask me what ignorance I speak of, well, I’m fina tell you.
You ask me what ignorance I speak of, well, I’m about to show you.
-You say what ignorance do I see?
I see the ignorance staring back at me.
-I’m talking about the ignorance that walks these halls, runs these streets,
Drives these cars, and some of the faces that we meet.
-The type of ignorance that has the balls to curse the name of a deceased person that they knew,
And the audacity to do the same to someone they never knew.
-I’m talking about the type of ignorance that could defend someone like this,
And these are only a few of a longer, longer list.
-I’m talking about the type of ignorance that my lil’ bro had to put up with,
We gave his ex the nickname “The Ignorance” for a reason, ‘cause she always threw a fit.
-IGNORANCE!
I’m talking about that type of ignorance.
-The type of ignorance you here when people call themselves tryna check you.
Then when you click on ‘em, they got that dick-look on their face like “Damn nigga what I do to you”
-Ignorance is kids growing up to fast.
Don’t walk around saying you grown lil’ girl ‘cause your life won’t last.
-When other people use this particular “N-word” toward us, we tend to get defensive.
But true ignorance is us using it when we find it offensive.
-I’m going to touch base on another type,
'cause its giving the news a lot of hype.
-I’m talking about the type of ignorance that possess people to touch our young boys & mutilate our young girls,
Shit, no one’s perfect, but our children deserve to be treated with such love and care, as if they were pearls.
-Also the type of ignorance that possess people to take the life of a child that they helped to create.
Then we wonder why other countries look at us with such disgust and hate on their face.
-Ignorance is us as a generation killing off our own kind for no damn reason.
“Why kill someone that looks just like you?” is a million dollar question.
-You see, I'm one of the few in this world standing against immaturity, sex offenders, and child abuse.
Senseless murders, high school dropouts, and knowledge misuse.
-I wish there were more like me,
standing with me, and fighting against the bullshit I see.
-You don't have to believe what I say, or listen to me,
but ask yourself, “Are you free....from your petty tendencies?”

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
boomman17
boomman17
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
30 Oct, 2012
Genre
Type
Words
449
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
2,929

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.