Please register or login to continue

Register Login

The Unknown Girl (Pt 3)

The Unknown Girl (Pt 3)

By Tiffany

I’ve been living here for about a month now. And Jeff hasn’t made me leave the room he put me in. Nor has he allowed anyone to come in. It’s sweet, I guess. But I feel caged in here. Like a prisoner. And I don’t want to make Jeff mad if I leave the room. I don’t want to be hurt again. Jeff doesn’t seem like that kind of guy… but neither did Adam.

I sigh and sit in the window sill, looking outside. There’s a little girl playing in the grass. I smile. Suddenly, static enters my ears. I turn towards the door. Knowing Slender is about to come in. He appears with a quiet pop. I smile at him. “Good morning.” I say. His lips appear and he smiles.

“Good morning, dear. Are you ready to tell us your name?”

“Not yet. Knowing someone’s name gives you power over them. Can I meet the others?” I change the subject.

“Are you sure you’re ready?”

“Nevermind…” I say quietly. Slender is silent for a moment.

“Let’s start with Splendor. Get you used to him. We’ll do this one person at a time, alright?” Slender says, trying to cheer me up. I smile.

“Alright. Where’s Jeff? Did I make him mad?”

“No, dear. I don’t think anything you could do could ever make him mad. He cares about you too much.” Slender says. I look away shyly.

“Why?”

“Why don’t you ask him that? He’ll answer anything you want.”

“Can I leave the room?”

“Of course.”

“Okay. Slender? Your brother… Offender… Jeffy told me about him… “

“He won’t harm you.” Slender promises. I nod. Slender teleports out again. I cautiously walk out of the room and down the stairs. I hear laughter and noise from a tv and smell food. I see Jeff get shoved out of a room and anger makes me forget my fear of them and I go faster down the steps. There’s a girl lunging towards him and I dart to Jeff. I block her attempt to cut Jeff with my forearm. There's a sting in my arm and blood appears on her blade.

“Leave him alone!” I snarl. The girl steps away in surprise. I stand up.

“Who are you?”

“Could ask you the same. But I frankly don't care enough to.” I reply.

“Jane.”

“Hmm… Jane the killer, I presume. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I think you’re overdoing it.” I say, with a bitchy smile. She starts laughing.

“You’re the girl Jeff brought here to protect. Told us not to bother you because you are fragile and need protecting. This is adorable. Darling, You’re protecting him because you think that he saved you because he cares. Well he doesn’t care. He just doesn’t like seeing anyone being hurt.”

“Jane, shut up.” Jeff snarls. I step closer to Jane.

“I’m not protecting him because of that. I’m protecting him because I care about him. I’m protecting him now because I owe him my life and if it wasn’t for him, Adam would have beat me so badly that I’d be in the hospital again.” I snarl. “So before you start spouting off facts about me and my business, make sure you are correct in your assumptions. Alright? Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to continue exploring. And frankly, I’m tired of dealing with you. Ba-bye” I turn and walk into the kitchen. I reach out and grab the roll of paper towels.

“I can bandage thet up for you.” A quiet voice says behind me.

“You must be Eyeless Jack. EJ, I believe Jeff told me to call you.” I say.

“Yes. And you are???”

“My name is Hope.” I say. “At least, that was my name. I guess now you could call me Hopeless.”

“Make a new name if you feel as though you name doesn’t fit anymore. That’s what some of us did.” EJ says. I think about it for a second.

“Carrie Ann”

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Carrie..” He says. He leads me to his room. “Please sit on the table.” He asks. I nod and hop up.

EJ is stitching me up when Jeff comes in the room. He comes and sits next to me. “Is you arm numbed?”

“No. I’ve dealt with pain, Jeff, trust me. If it was too much, I would let him know so that he can numb down my arm o give me some pills. “ I smile at him.

“I am happy you finally got the nerve to come out of your room, I was hoping you would soon, beautiful.” He slides his fingers through mine. I pull away.

“Why did you save me?” I ask. Jeff sighs.

“I saw you that first time, in an alley. You were screaming at Adam. begging him not to leave you. You had tears streaming down your face but he couldn’t tell because the rain was pouring down. And the dress you were wearing was clinging to you, dripping onto the concrete. And I watched Adam whip around, and I saw you flinch back. And I knew then that he was beating you. And it pissed me off. It pissed me off so badly but I didn’t do anything then. And I regret that, But I followed you and watched you. I couldn’t step in when he was hurting you, but I finally got up the nerve to go to you. And I saved you. And it makes me so happy that I will eventually see you smile again, or play a game, or make you laugh. That is what I need to do.”

“To feel as though you have saved a life instead of ending one?” I ask bitterly.

“No! To feel as though I have made you happy. That’s all I want to do. If you want to leave, you can. It’s up to you. I will take you home if that is what you want. But I can not take you back to him, knowing he will hurt you or possibly kill you, do you understand what I am trying to say? I care for you. I truly do. This is not my attempt to stop your pain. It’s my attempt to make you happy.” He looks at me and I see nothing but honesty in his eyes. I nod, biting my lip, not quite able to silence the thoughts murmuring in the back of my head, telling me the opposite.

Author Notes: Please review below and tell me what you think. especially about her name. Should I change it? or leave it? Or keep her unnamed?

Oh, Jeff doesn't know her name yet.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hidethetears
Tiffany
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
1 May, 2019
Words
1,085
Read Time
5 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
540

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.