Please register or login to continue

Register Login

What Friends Are For
What Friends Are For

What Friends Are For

Dari-the-bookwormDari Poulson
1 Review

I grabbed Mark's binder from Oliver and bolted down the hall. Mark yelled something but I didn't listen.

It was after school hours and we were waiting for the city bus to pick us up, which meant one hour of waiting in the school with nothing to do.

I raced to my locker and quickly unlocked it, then I shoved the binder into it. I slammed my locker shut and it instantly locked. Mark tackled me. I squealed and pushed him away.

"Dari! Get it out!" He shouted as I ran away from him. as I turned down the hall that led to the lunch room I nearly ran into Oliver.

"Oliver! I put it in my locker!" He high-fived me.

"Good job Dari!" We stood there for a moment catching our breath. Mark raced past us and we burst out laughing.

"We're over here silly!" I yelled as Oliver and I ran down the hall the opposite way he went. We raced past my locker and rushed into the high school study hall and hid behind the big desk that stood at the back of the study hall.

Mark ran through the study hall and tripped on the leg of a damaged chair. We jumped from behind the desk and Oliver stretched out his arms and did the t-post. The t-post was a silly 'dance move' that was completely useless. All you did was stretch your arms out and make your body look like the letter t. For some reason, the students here were obsessed with it.

As I joined Oliver in doing the t-post, Mark stood up and shook his head. He had a wild grin across his face.

"I hate you guys."

"We love you too!" I answered with a grin.

"Yup." Oliver nodded. "This is just how we show our love for you."

"By stealing my binder and surrounding me by t-posting?" Mark asked sarcastically.

"Yup," Oliver repeated.

Mark tried to bolt to the exit but I quickly blocked his way. He turned to leave through the other exit but Oliver was standing there his arms still stretched out.

Mark sighed and then lunged at me and started to tickle my sides. I squealed and jumped out of the way and Mark left the room with a hurry.

We chased each other around for another fifteen minutes, shouting at each other and yelling insults at each other until a teacher stopped us and made us go outside to wait for the city bus.

Before we left the building I grabbed Mark's binder from my locker. I joined the boys outside and sat on the bench next to Mark. I gave him his binder back and he smiled. "Thanks Dari, but please, don't take it again."

Oliver sat on the other side of me and shook his head. "No promise buddy." Then he gave off his silly grin. "It's fun taking your stuff."

I smiled and punched Oliver lightly on his shoulder. "He's kidding," I said.

"Fine, I won't take your binder again. But your jackets next. Dari agrees with me." I nodded.

"Hey!" Mark gripped his jacket like we were going to take it right then, but I knew he was joking. He'd probably let us steal his jacket like he let us steal his binder. "You guys are crazy!"

"What are friends for?" Oliver asked shrugging.

I burst out laughing and I brought the boys in for a group hug.

Author Notes: Yup, my friends are crazy. I have a couple of other friends, but the boys and I are super close. I'm pretty sure all my teachers think we're crazy for running around the school screaming like banshees but we don't really care. I mean it's not as bad as that one time...

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Dari-the-bookworm
Dari Poulson
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
7 Mar, 2019
Genre
Type
Words
575
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,407

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.