Please register or login to continue

Register Login

What Do I Have to Say?

What Do I Have to Say?

By TheForgotten - 1 Review

I stare at the ancient flickering computer screen. The question on the monitor replays in my mind over and over, like a broken disc on rewind. If you could make one point to the world, what would it be? I don't have anything to say. I search my brain for any morsel of information I could use. But nothing comes up. Damn college. There's an infinite number of essay topics to chose from and they decided on this one.

My answer isn't what they're hoping for. Some heart warming story, a stand on politics or enviorment. Truth is: I don't have anything to say. What do you want me to write a speech about? How I'm thankful that clouds bring us rain? And every morning the only thing that brings me hope is the melody of birds outside my window? Because I suppose I don't care about "important things". To me it's just better to block them out. Don't we all though?

Everyday the average human passes a homeless person, do you think they do anything to help? No, they don't. Because it's easier to forget about the bad and pretend that everything is fine. That we're all just going to wake up and everything is going to be okay. It doesn't matter if I had anything "important" to tell the world. They wouldn't listen. You know why? Because we live each day by, hoping that all of a sudden it all will get better. But that's not how it works. So no, I don't have anything to say. It wouldn't matter anyway.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheForgotten
TheForgotten
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
24 Feb, 2017
Words
263
Read Time
1 min
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
1,481

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.