Please register or login to continue

Register Login

What Happened Again? (Part 2)
What Happened Again? (Part 2)

What Happened Again? (Part 2)

AviannaBlitzø
1 Review

The woman raised her eyes slowly and met mine as Darlene slid a drink across the table. She cleared her throat loudly,
"Eavesdropping?" she said while squinting her eyes.
"No," I replied, feeling embarassed, "Just... curious."
She took a sip from the glass and set it down with a clink against the counter. "The hedgehogs," she sighed. I looked at her furrowing my eyebrows with confusion. She rubbed her head and sighed. "Yeah," she said, "Hedgehogs." My mind started to hurt. She's probably kidding, I thought, or just crazy. I dropped my eyes down, refusing to look at her anymore. She burped loudly and I looked back up. "'Scuse me," she grumbled, "Do you have a problem with hedgehogs?"
"No," I denied.
"Then why did you stop talking to me?"
"Because you're insane." I huffed.
"Would you like to know what the hedgehogs were doing?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.
"No," I said. But I could feel the curiosity crawling up my neck.
"Don't worry," she grinned, "I'll tell ya."
I started to feel uncomfortable and excited, trying to convince myself to flee out of there. But she had already started talking again. "His name is Cranberry," she said, "and he's addicted to eating my mashed potatos..."
"What are you even talking about?" I cut her off, practically yelling.
I quickly covered my mouth as people around the bar looked at me and the lady. Even Darlene looked over from washing some mugs.
"Well," the girl said as loud as I did, "I was just gonna explain to you what had happened," she said softer, "Again..."
I sighed and nodded my head for her to continue.
"Anyways," she shouted again, "Cranberry has snuck into my house to get to 'em potatos, see?"
I sighed again.
"And today I thought that it would be a good idea to put up some traps to catch him," she said, rubbing her forehead, "But good ol' Cranberry's too smart for that," she laughed, slapping her head with one hand, "He took down those traps and got away with my potatos, leaving scrapes and scratches from all of the surprises."
"I was just letting Darlene know that he got to them again, that's all," she shrugged.
"Okay," I groaned.
"I'm gonna head home now," I said, "I'll be here tomorrow though."
"All right," she said, "I'll bring an update for you then!" she smiled.
I walked out the door, relieved to actually get away from her but also kind of sad and excited for the update. I left the bar with a bit of a smile thinking about her and then... I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a giant hedgehog standing behind me...

Author Notes: Hope you enjoyed!! (You're turn Phoenix -_- )

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Avianna
Blitzø
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 Apr, 2021
Words
454
Read Time
2 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
855

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.