Please register or login to continue

Register Login

What to Do
What to Do

What to Do

IamSamIamSam

It was cold. It was cold and dark and all she wanted to do was go home. But she couldn’t, not after what had happened. The blue eyes of her baby brother peeked timidly up at her from beneath his gray cap.

“Sarah? Where are we going?”

“I don’t know kid. Somewhere safe.”

They trudged along the path, looking for somewhere, anywhere, where they could settle and figure out what they were going to do. It was lucky that she spent all those days tutoring, and had a decent amount of money, or they would have been even more helpless than they were right now. All she had wanted was to finish high school, go to college, get a decent job, grab her brother, and get the hell out of her mother’s house before she could cause any more emotional damage than she already had. But then they had had that awful fight, and she couldn’t take it anymore, and now it felt like everything was spiralling out of control, twisting and turning like leaves in a storm, with no way to know when she would settle on safe ground.

“Sarah? Are we going to be okay?”

She looked up at the sky, the sun just peeking out from the range of mountains in the distance.

“Yeah kid. We’re gonna be alright.”

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
IamSam
IamSam
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
10 Dec, 2017
Words
222
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,420

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.