Please register or login to continue

Register Login

When the Last Petal Falls
When the Last Petal Falls

When the Last Petal Falls

Andrew_And_AnaNugget
1 Review

Jason Larson opens the door to his office and goes to the walk in closet. He opens it and there sits the rose tree. 10 petals left mean ten years left. If he doesn't find it soul mate, he won't be living past 30. Sadness overwhelmes him as he realizes he might never find his soulmate.

Finding a soulmate means you get 500 more years in you life. Not finding one means immediate death when the last petal on the plant you recieved when you turned 18 falls. Jason needs to find his soulmate—and fast. He was given 40 roses bloomed on the rose tree. The sexual interaction depletes it faster. No sex once you get the 'extrordinary' plant means all 40 years well lived. Jason has had multiple one night stands in hope of finding his soulmate.

His car buisniss is over the roof, but it won't stay that way if he doesn't find his soulmate.

A knock on the door sounds, and his co-worker pops his head in before he can reply to the knock and tell him to go away. "Sir, there is a call on line four for you," the co-worker lowers his voice. "Seemed important, but it could just be how athorative they sounded." Jason nods and heads to his desk. He picks up the phone and presses line 4.

"Jason Larson of the Lason autoshop speaking," he says, and the person on the other line bursts out laughing, confusing him.

"Does no one remember the famous Jason Larson's brother?" A familiar voice says, and a smirk crosses his face.

"Apparently not, Mace. What's up?"

"Need a place to stay. Cops finally caught up to me and Nica's shenanigans," he says gruffly, and a shrill laugh goes through the line faintly.

"Damn, I told you, man." Jason says and chuckles when Mason yells profanity at him. "Fine, I got a place you can stay. I was never there, never heard from you, and never helped you, though." he opens his computer and logs in, then check Emails, while Mason is thinking about the deal.

"Fine, man. Also, can Nica bring a friend? She was in on the bigger crime, and needs a place to hide out. No ones on her trail, but she's worried the cops will get to her somehow." Mason finally says.

"Sure. I'll send you the address. We should meet up at Sundown later."

"Sure. Bye, dude." Mason hangs up, and Jason sets the phone down. He looks pack at the computer and sees a new Email.

He opens it up and reads it:

Hello, Jason Larson, I am hoping I can work at your businus. I have applied for the job of secretary. Respond as soon as possible, please.

He pulls it closer and rereads, then clicks reply. He looks for the words, but none come. He simply writes:

We have an opening for interviews at ten tomorrow. Don't be late.

And hits send. He looks at the clock and notices the building will be closed in fifteen minutes, so he grabs his phone and keys and heads to his Ferrari and speeds to the bar. He decides to leave his phone in the car, but tucks it under the seat. He locks the car and heads inside. Nica, Mason, and a female he's never seen are at the bar. Nica and Mason are talking, but the woman is standing there talking to a guy, and obviously is uncomfortable. Jason walks up to the group and Mason looks at him. "Hey, man!" He says, and orders him a beer.

"Hey, Jace!" Nica says and Jason pulls her into a hug. Nica is Mason's soulmate. They met when Mason got into a bar fight and she intervened. Nica is 23 and still 4'9", whereas Mason is 25 and is 6'3". Not surprising. Nica has icy-blue eyes and hair dyed maroon mixed with mocha colored skin and scars covering her arms and one running down her face. Mason has amber eyes and dirty-blonde hair with the same skin tone as Nica.

"Hey," he looks over to the female.

"Oh, that's my best friend, Alec. She got mixed up in some of our shit, so she'll be hanging out with me and Mason." Alec walks up and Nica wraps her arms around Alec's shoulders.

"Hi. I'm Jason. The famous brother," he smirk and Mason shoots him a look and Jason starts to laugh. A few seconds later he takes a sip from his beer and see two woman swooning over him. He rolls his eyes and looks back to where Alec was sitting.

He, for some reason, feels a pull towards her. She looks up at him and he notices she blushes slightly, then looks away. Nica and Mason go to dance, and Alec is the only one left. "Uh, hi." She finally says. Her voice is soft, like most of her features; black hair, fair skin, and soft green feline-shaped eyes. She's about Nica's height, maybe a few inches shorter.

"Hi." He says. "Wanna dance?" He asks her suddenly, and she nods.

"Sure."

He grabs her hand and leads her to the dance floor. They move fluidly to the dance, doing quick movments.

About fifteen minutes later, she says she has to go to the bathroom and he watches her go in the direction of the bathroom. Let's hope she isn't scared of me. Haha

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Andrew_And_Ana
Nugget
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
2 Jun, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
894
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
782

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.