Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Winter
Winter

Winter

TheForgottenTheForgotten

My fingers and toes are cold. The air around me is sweltering but I can't seem to gather that heat. My nose is red and running like a spout. The people around me watch, unamused and confused by the spectical of it all. Nobody seems to know what's wrong with me, and I don't know either. My insides have frozen and the world around me is melting. The coldness of others' remarks, and unfelt feelings have cooled my soul. And everyone else is being swarmed by it all. I've been discluded from it again, and instead of shorts and a crop top soaking up the sun, I shiver in the corner wearing a winter coat. Trying my best to shelter myself from weather far away. I've begun to torture myself before the blizzard has even come. It's as though I can never leave the storm behind. While everyone else has long forgotten and moved on, I'm still trying to rub my goosebumps down. Still trying to get over winter while it's summer.

Because you were winter, and instead of moving on like everyone else. Instead of putting away the long sleeve shirts and heavy boots, I've kept them on because I'm afraid that next winter will be worse. I'm afraid that I'll freeze again, so I never let myself get warm. So I sit, freezing in the middle of summer.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
TheForgotten
TheForgotten
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
24 Sep, 2019
Words
230
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
777

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.