Please register or login to continue

Register Login

A World Without Sound
A World Without Sound
This story has some quality issues

A World Without Sound

andiodangandiodang

Is it wrong for me to expect something, huh? Can not I have dreams and goals like everyone else? But why? Although I like this, I still have the right to all that, right? Or maybe because I'm like this, exactly ... My dreams and dreams as a child that I hope to be able to realize, can be destroyed just like that? But indeed, I do not deny that now, the reality says so.

My name is Adina. My age has turned seventeen years I've only felt a few months since my high school graduation. To be honest, my present face is very different from that time. Because of the bad luck, the incident kept reminding me .. Yes, the incident that is able to turn my little light into my biggest darkness now.

May 14, 2016, somehow this date has been imprinted on my brain. I was on my way home from school graduation. Due to my passion to start my dream of becoming a singer, I was in a hurry to get to the audition of a singing talent search contest after school. The father who drove me on his motorcycle matic also continues to motivate me in the middle of the journey. Regardless of what my father said, inwardly, I just wished him enough to increase his speed, because the audition location was far enough away and I did not want to be late. Until I let go ..

"Well, can not you get any faster? Udah drizzle too, where time already want at 3 pm. How late is this? "
"Wow, want to rain this. Are not we going to shade first, deck? I'm afraid you're sick. "
"Loh, why even want to neduh hell yeah? I've got an audition, I've been speeding up my dad. The sooner the better the better, right? It's also just a drizzle. "I say with the pressure.

What an unfortunate fate we were at that time, which was unexpectedly raining heavily down. Water had entered our clothes, even the noise of the falling water continued to accompany our journey. And on the way, we continue to argue for shelter or continue the journey to my audition venue. To the extent ... it happened.

The slippery road made our motorcycle fall just below the overpass we passed. I have not remembered anything since the accident, all I can see is the father who lay helplessly 2 meters from where I fell, and the blood became the ocean for us.

Arriving at the hospital, my father was critical and after a few days, he was not breathing anymore. I who got a wound right on my face and neck due to my falling position when it can still be helped, though have to sacrifice something valuable. As a result of the accident, my voice vanished because the neck and throat were seriously injured. And continue .. until my present life ..

2 years have passed, at the age of 19 this year I have to continue to support my sick mother and my sister who is still sitting in the 1st grade of junior high school. Since my voice has disappeared, I have forgotten all my dreams of the world of drag, and even all the awards I have gained from a small one, I keep the meeting in the shed, as if I do not want to remember the bitter event again. Now, I work as a freight forwarder, a job I can do. Indeed, what work is expected of a mute man?

Armed with the prayer and strength of the family, I still want to survive. Sometimes, though, it hurts. It hurts to hear the words of the people around me, especially my unexpected friend when he visited me two years ago. Care in front of me, but mocking behind me. Where am I? Can only hear without saying a word.

At that timeā€¦
"Eh eh, still remember? Pas Adina say want to be like Rossa? "Said Rina after visiting Adina at the hospital.
"Oh, yes yes. From high school first, until diomongin many times in Rin Rin class. "Tania response interspersed with laughter.
"Well, fate says this, what else. Just can be stoic right now, so lu if you have a dream do not be high Tan hahaha. "

Ah .. why my good friend should say that. Rina .. Tania ... Your voice ... Although blocked by the wall, the volume and reproach can still be heard. And only tears that I can drop that moment .. alone .. without anyone. Just a scratch pen in a book that could explain my feelings back then until now.

"Hey, Dina. Please lift the box in that corner, yes. Try to finish on time because the boss has requested a report. "
"(Fine, Don, do it! šŸ˜€)" I say indirectly
"Hm? Your writing I see the day, the better yes. Use emoticons all over again, you are. "Directly reply doni with a smile.

"Oh yes, Dina. Do you go back to work? I want to talk to you, can you? "
Doni and I have been friends for almost 2 years. We are in the same division, and at first Doni who first came together as well as my first friend here. Good, diligent and disciplined, maybe that character I can describe for her.

After Doni and I made a deal, we were met after work. Me and Doni go to a cafe for a chat. I who do not know what he wants to talk about, continue to look at the look of his face who had been looking happy.

Shortly after sitting in a chair in the cafe, I immediately took out a notebook and stationery to ask what he meant.
"(So, what do you want to talk about, Don?)" Suddenly a direct question I showed.
"Relax, relax hehe. I have good news for you! Do you want to hear? "Doni replied a little toying.
I was more and more curious about the expression and his behavior, just nodded I could do to get the answer.

"I know you used to like the world of drags right? I still remember your story then, Na! "Cetus Doni with a little excited.
Suddenly I immediately think hard. Thinking about the intent and purpose of Doni speaks like that. Obviously he already knew my circumstances and my past .. then why ..
I'm silent dare not write anything, just waiting for the next explanation ..

"Eh, do not get so upset, dong. Looks obvious! In fact, because I know you, that's why I want to suggest this. There are job postings related to it. "
"(I still do not understand)" Obviously Adina is still sitting silent.
"So, my friend just opened a music course. Sort of ... you know. Vocal exercises, and more. And there is his Marching Band as well. Oh yes, acapella is also there! And if I offer you a job there as a teacher, how do you respond? "

The next day, I resumed my routine as a carrier. Some things I still do not understand about Doni's statement last night. After Doni offered me the job, I immediately handed him a torn paper and walked away. Without wearing a reply, go home thinking about the fate that binds to me.

"Hey, Adina! Dina! "Doni shouted from a distance.
Hearing the voice of the man, I suddenly did not dare to turn, but the apology continued to motivate me to turn around. After I turned, Doni was in front of me while holding a woman. The beautiful black hair that extends to the shoulder steals my attention, along with a pair of sunglasses.
"Kenalin nih, this is my friend who nawarin work yesterday. His name ka Stella "Said Doni broke the silence.

"Surely you are Adina, huh?" Asked the woman.
I can only nod my head, without writing anything.
"He said yes, Stel" Doni answered softly.
My astonished eyes see Doni who just answered the question of the woman with dark glasses. Is it possibleā€¦

"I can not see, Adina. That's why Doni helped me to come to you straight away. I also know about you from him. "
So, really apparently ... What does this mean Don? I wanted to write it to ask but my situation was silent when I heard this woman's words.

"I can not stay here long, I just want to ask you." Said Stella seriously on Adina. "Is the music still heard, son? Does that sound still exist? "
Hearing that, my eyes a little glazed .. and immediately wrote ..
"(The voice has been lost)" Write Adina which is directly mediated by Doni

"That voice has not disappeared!" Stella said firmly. "He's still tying you up, son. Trying to get back to you. Maybe you tried to run away from him since the incident, but you still can not. "
Slowly, these teary eyes begin to change into droplets and waterways.
"In the past, I also had time to think like that after my eyes like this, as if the dark world and more and more disappeared. But, you try to remember again .. why are you born in this world? To be a useful human being and do what to do? That's right, but do not forget also to do the things you want done, son. If the fire of your dreams is still burning, it means your light is still not completely dead! "Said Stella must.

An unexpected atmosphere, when I heard his words, as if the light was shining again, albeit a little. But ... can I? I thought about it, and I immediately asked the aunt Stella.
"You can, Na." Firmly Doni after seeing the newly created writing Adina. "The work of teaching music does not mean to make a sound. I think hearing the strains is what makes music special. Is not it? "Obviously Doni once again.

"Music to be played and enjoyed. True said Doni, therefore I want to invite you to be a teacher class acapella and marching band me later, son. Being a conductor does not mean wrong, right? By relying on hand gestures to determine the tone, I'm sure you can give birth to a good generation of music. "Stella encouraged Adina.
"And hey, first of all ... you can still connect with your little dream. Listen and humify to your disciples, that you still have a voice in your heart. "Doni re-energized.

I who had been silent down, unable to show the tears that have been moistening the countless cheeks that have fallen to the ground. Imagine how before the incident 2 years ago, how the dad who in my spirit escorted me to singing contest from elementary school to high school in various competitions, the mother who always heard my strange singing at home, and the sister who always disturbed to learn when I've keasikan chant in the room. Really, they are really passionate in my favor until now. It seemed, without a sound, this heart can still call it all

"(Doni, Tante Stella, Thank you so much I think I'm ready to wade through that path again! 'D)"
"Hahaha, your emoticon is still valid, yes?" Said Doni who immediately embraced Adina and Stella.

It was as if the wall had now collapsed and I was ready to find even greater light!

Report

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
andiodang
andiodang
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
28 Mar, 2018
Words
1,863
Read Time
9 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,063

Please login or register to report this story.