Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

ShwetaShweta Shenoy

As she was embraced by the beauty sleep when the sky turned orange at the sunrise, her alarm went off. She snoozed it, she was not motivated to get out of the bed.

She wanted to sleep longer, like each morning. She managed to get out of the bed. Sam, went straight into the kitchen to boiled the kettle for that morning, already filled to the brim with water and tea leaves, she busied herself getting the cups and teabags ready. Keeping her distracted, she took another quick glance at the clock of the oven only to confirm that time was slowing down, as her stomach knotted up.

Like any other day, Sam had unattended feelings under the surface, mixed with anxiety and nervousness. Of late, she has been feeling the knot in the stomach, not used to the combination, it’s truly odd and melancholy.

Art, her hobby gave her happiness, art takes her up and anxiety about the future brings her down, so in that combination, she simply focuses on boiling the tea, to shake off the feelings.

Today, it was different after all, maybe perhaps even dreading for Sam. She has been waiting for this day, but she felt the pit of her stomach tightly knotted. Perhaps it’s the same for everyone starting anything new, pleasure at gaining forward momentum, and fear blinding change and uncertainty.

It is a lot of hard work, but worth it, she thought. She could have started any business I knew, but painting was her passion, it always relaxed her and her regular job was a natural choice, for paying the bills, rent, groceries and whatever. She painted and decorated her walls and garage in the fresh colours of the new season each year and accessorize her rooms with accent colours. The 9 to 5 job can be dull, monotonous even, but it resulted in all the motivation she always needed. It’s tough starting out, taking a chance out there, but she felt reassured, in time her reputation will bring in all the success and business she needs.

©Shweta, 2020. All Rights Reserved.

Author Notes: This article originally appeared on my blog - Baking of Words & Muses (https://wordsbake.blogspot.com) on 1 May 2020!
Thank y'all for reading my story. Really appreciate it.

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Shweta
Shweta Shenoy
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
20 May, 2020
Words
347
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
1,136

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.