Please register or login to continue

Register Login

YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE Reviews

3 reviews have given an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 Stars
AmberLeaghes
Amber Leaghes gave a rating of 5

I rather interesting piece of work on how many people believe they know of such situations and mental scars even though they have never faced such, shall we say 'high-end' combat.
Medals are given out to those who stand in offices barking orders down the coms whilst those dodging the white heat of metal flashing passed ones head are simply seen as worthless fodder.
To know of such emotions one has to experience such situations. It's not something you can research in libraries or on google. A soldiers feelings and mental scars are their own personal wars raging inside their minds.
No one else cares. Except maybe once or twice a year when they done a poppy and fall silent for a minute ... But once that minute is up and the poppy no longer sits on their lapel they soon forget, until next time they done that poppy to show their faux-care.
Soldiers see things they can never 'un-see' and no matter how much counseling is offered the nightmares are always there, dragging you awake in the darkness of night.
Yet those sending soldiers into battle are the ones seen as heroes.

0
Aurora987654321
Rora gave a rating of 1

I strongly disagree

0
billyyoutwo1
Author -
Rora
Rora Well, When people write poems about war they are writing how grateful they are for the men who died. People also write stories based on soldiers lives so that people like you and I know what they have to go through to protect their country. It is also how Fallon soldiers stories live on. I'm not trying to come off as rude so sorry if I offended you. But that's just my opinion and I respect yours too. (Also I can see your point if people write something but have done no research. So I see your point to some extent but normally people do their research, so sorry I have to disagree.)
Reviewer -
billyyoutwo1
billyyoutwo1 You are not being rude and I am not offended. The point is not at all about research. The point is that, those at the head of the queue, lay wreaths, while wearing medals of war when they weren't even there, get preference ahead of those who were.
Author -
Rora
Rora I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean by medals, could you clarify?
Reviewer -
kiraafinifrock
Kiraa gave a rating of 4

Very true- people seem to enjoy speaking of things they don't know about.

0
billyyoutwo1
billyyoutwo1 Thank you for your review and stars. I do feel strongly about people, dripping in medals are always first in the queue to place a wreath, while those who were really there, stand for hours: waiting.
Author -
Kiraa
Kiraa I can only imagine that terrible struggle. Truly saddening.
Reviewer -

Please login or register to review this story.