Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Crimson Swordsman (Chapter 3)
Crimson Swordsman (Chapter 3)

Crimson Swordsman (Chapter 3)

GavMizaki𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔫

CHAPTER 3

“Cyne… you are now a silver rank.”

Those words echoed in his mind for a short while, until he finally processed what happened.

“Holy crap! I’m a silver rank!”

Out of pure joy that he was finally able to escape the hole known as being a bronze rank, he hugged the girl in front of him.

She blushed in embarrassment but returned the gesture with a joyous smile, seeing the adventurer who repeatedly came back to her for quests finally attain the rank he aimed for, put her in a good mood.

He broke free from the hug and smiled at the person who helped him get to a silver rank.

“Are you free tonight?”

“U-Umm.. Y-Yeah.”

She wondered what the new silver ranked adventurer wanted to say.

“Let’s go out for a drink!”

*************

Inside the Rose tavern

“Congratulations on your rank up!”

“Thanks!”

The two ate and drinked wildly in celebration.

Cyne turned his eyes away from the food and looked at the girl beside him who had just begun drinking her fourth drink.

“I didn’t know you're a heavy drinker! Hahaha.”

“The A.U has got me working from the crack of dawn to sun down, I gotta relieve the stress sometimes.”

HAHAHAHA!

The two went on and on talking about various things for the next few hours, until Cyne asked the girl something he had always wanted to ask her.

“Hey…. Umm…. how come you never told me your name?”

She flashed him a drunken smile

“It’s because I don’t really like giving my name to others.”

Cyne turned his head towards her.

“And why is that?

“I don’t know really, I just feel uncomfortable around others that's all.”

“Ah.. I see.”

Cyne took another sip of beer as if to process what she had just told him.

She then tapped his shoulder.

“But call me Emma from now on!”

Cyne smiled

“Will do!”

The two ended up drinking for a few more hours until the bar eventually had to close.

He ended up getting a room in the tavern and laid Emma on the bed. Even though they were both drunk, Cyne handled his drunkenness very well but unfortunately Emma couldn’t.

She passed out at the bar due to the large amount of drinks she had. Cyne had to carry her up to the room because she refused to wake up.

After laying her to bed, Cyne went outside the tavern to get some fresh air.

He looked around at the town and noticed that only at this time was the town truly in peace.

He then brought out the crystal ring he had found on the goblin magic caster and wore it.

Suddenly a red light began emitting on his right arm and he began to feel a surge of strength.

“So if a non-magic caster like me wore this ring, the buff would only apply to me. But if I were a magic caster I could apply the buff to more than 1 person.”

He smiled at the thought of being able to sell this for a high price, but gave up on the thought as this ring would help him out very much during large fights.

Suddenly, a tall and burly figure began to approach him from the darkness.

He thought it was Monder, the iron ranked tanked who picked a fight with him yesterday. But he then noticed that the figure was much bigger than Monder’s.

Cyne then noticed the weird aura that this man gave off and quickly reached for the knife in his boot.

The man stopped in front of Cyne and smiled. As the man finally revealed himself, Cyne stared at the giant now in front of him.

The man smiled at him and spoke a truly intimidating voice.

“No need for hostilities Mr. Cyne….. I’ve been looking for you.”

Author Notes: Hey guys! Thanks for reading today's chapter :)

I hope you like it!

Picture link: https://www.deviantart.com/tuntunaa/art/The-Crimson-Knight-537970578

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
GavMizaki
𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔫
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
10 Jul, 2020
Words
641
Read Time
3 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
603

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.