Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Crimson Swordsman: Shadow Monarch (Chapter 6)
Crimson Swordsman: Shadow Monarch (Chapter 6)

Crimson Swordsman: Shadow Monarch (Chapter 6)

GavMizaki𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔫

CHAPTER 13

On the road to Toph

Cyne hurriedly got back inside the wagon.

“Alph! Get there as fast as you can!”

Alph grinned, he didn’t need to hear it.

Hiyaah!

The wagon started moving with speed as we eventually reached the injured adventurers.

There were a total of 10 adventurers in the area. 5 were heavily injured, 3 were dead, and the remaining two are doing their best to treat the injured.

Cyne ran towards the adventurer leaning against the bottom of the broken caravan.

He reached for the bandages in his bag and proceeded to treat the man’s wounds as best as he could.

The man was bleeding all over.

Cyne wrapped a bandage around the man’s head, and another bandage on the man’s shoulder.

Cyne looked to his right as he saw Alph treat another adventurer's broken leg.

The two did their best to help with the current situation.

moments passed

They have done all they can, they have managed to save all five of the injured adventurers.

The priestess slowly approached Cyne, who was sitting down, exhausted from treating the wounded.

“Mr. Swordsman, thank you for helping us!”

The priestess grabbed Cyne’s hand as she bowed her head in gratitude.

Cyne shook his head.

“Oh no no no, it’s nothing!”

Cyne smiled as the priestess raised her head.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what exactly happened here?”

The priestess frowned.

“My party and I were heading towards Toph, when we were suddenly forced to stop by a group of bandits who made camp a few kilometers from here. They told us that if we didn’t give them all our money and supplies they would kill us. We didn’t want to, so we fought back, but we were outnumbered so we had to retreat, but not before we were shot with arrows and a bandit managed to break our wheel.”

Then the mage who was helping the priestess treat the wounded, stood up.

She looked like she was about 18 years old. She wore a brown cloak and a black headband.

“The bandits couldn’t chase us because of the spell I cast, which bought us time to escape.”

The mage then gripped her staff as if she wanted to break it.

“Those bastards are going to pay for this.”

Alph hearing those words, awoke from his nap.

He approached the mage and once he got close, he stared her down.

“You? You plan to avenge your fallen comrades in this sorry state.”

Alph scoffed

The mage, seemingly frustrated with Alph’s remarks, tried to slap the tanker.

But Alph blocked her hand half way.

She immediately crossed her arms and pouted.

“Listen kid, do that silly revenge plan when you're stronger, but right now, focus on getting your party back on their feet. Don’t be in a rush to die!”

The mage scoffed at Alph.

“Kid? I’m an iron ranked adventurer!”

Alph’s jaw dropped at what the girl just said.

“Iron!? How are we just silver and a kid like you is already an iron ranked!?"

The mage laughed at Alph

“You’re Silver!? Pathetic!”

While the two continued arguing, the priestess sat down next to Cyne.

“Sorry about my friend, Mr. swordsman.”

Cyne shook his head

“I’m sorry about Alph, unfortunately he is the guild master, so there is not much I could do about it.”

The priestess looked surprised, she took a look at Alph and turned back to Cyne.

“Then you must be the vice-master, right Mr. Swordsman?”

Cyne nodded

“You can call me Cyne.”

The priestess nodded.

“You can call me Kezia. The one your guild master is arguing with, her name is Liz.”

Cyne smiled at the priestess.

“If Liz is an iron ranked, how about you Kezia?”

Kezia tucked her long brown hair.

“I'm a gold ranked healer class adventurer. I used to be a priestess, but ever since the church fell into ruin, I immediately took the chance.”

Cyne was amazed that Kezia was a gold ranked healer.

Suddenly a loud thud was heard.

Thud!

It was Liz, she placed firewood near everyone and chanted a spell that started a fire.

Alph chuckled

“Not bad kid.”

Liz scoffed

Everyone was tired and wanted to sleep.

Cyne laid down on the cold hard ground and used his bag as a pillow.

(Even the alley was more comfortable than this!)

Cyne tried his best to fall asleep and get this whole situation over with.

It was going to be a long night.

*********

Late into the night

“Hurry! You get the big guy, and I’ll take the priestess and the rest into the wagon.”

A duo of bandits was sent by their leader to take Kezia and her party hostage.

The bandits get to work by quickly covering themselves with a cloak that hid them from sight.

In a short while they were able to board everyone into their wagon.

The bandit with a scar on his right cheek, chanted a spell that was aimed at everyone

“Even if they wake up they won’t be able to move from the paralysis.”

The bandits quickly took off in their horse with Kezia and the rest inside the wagon.

But the two failed to realize….

They forgot to take one more person.

Author Notes: Yay 2 chapters in a row!

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
GavMizaki
𝔏𝔲𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔫
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
15 May, 2021
Words
871
Read Time
4 mins
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
623

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.