Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Depression, Part 2
Depression, Part 2

Depression, Part 2

why_nowwhy_now

It was the same routine. Every night.
The darkness and depression would come and visit every night.

Whispering to me, telling me to go get it. To just end it already. But it doesn't anymore. I'm able to lay comfortably in bed at night and fall asleep without worrying about waking up in the middle of the night to the pressure of depression on my chest. I finally was able to jump up and tell it to leave after years and years of work to make it go away. Depression still hangs out and stops by every once in a while but not as often. I've been able to sleep and breathe without worrying about how the night was going to go. My scars are healed and I got a beautiful tattoo to cover them. I graduated highschool, I moved over 2,000 miles away from home and got a good job. I lost weight and am finally starting to love my body and looks. Depression is still a long-term resident in my life, but from a distance. I have fought and fought and I can finally breathe. I promised myself that I would stay alive to graduate highschool and I am so glad that I did. I'm starting to get my life back because I was able to actually stand up for myself and say I needed space and do the things that I know help my mental health. I'm no longer stuck in the dark.
I'm finally getting better and I am so proud of myself.

08/19/2022
3:56 am

Author Notes: <3

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
why_now
why_now
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
19 Aug, 2022
Words
257
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
0
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
703

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.