Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Doom Befallen (Part 4)
Doom Befallen (Part 4)

Doom Befallen (Part 4)

-Lynnyan-Lyn
1 Review

It had already been two hours since I had last seen my shadow-demon-curse-thing. She must've been off wreaking havoc somewhere else. I sat in the second row, the third seat to the left in my third-period classroom. It was hot and stuffy in there. The teacher wore barely any clothes and he acted like he was a surfer dude from the nineties. I'm not kidding. He said, "radical work, Suzy," and "totally tubular, Chelsia." The guy freaked me out. How could he act so laid back? There was a shadow running rapid through the halls, destroying everything in sight! I didn't know this for sure, but it seemed like a rational possibility. I squirmed in my seat, for I had to find a way to keep my curse at bay somehow. I just never had any good ideas. I sigh and let my head fall onto my desk. A lot of the other kids were already doing this, so no one took notice.

"Hey," I hear a girl whisper from behind me. I sit up and look at her. "Did you hear?" Why was she talking to me? "The whole school's talking about it! Abigail's gone missing!" My eyes grow wide.

"What?" I whisper back. "How?"

"No one knows for sure, but I think it's karma at work." She smiles a strange smile at me like I should be happy about this.

"What do you mean 'karma'?" I ask her.

She looks confused for a moment and then says, "Oh, you're the new kid! She's just a big bully. She would make fun of me and my brother after school at the bus stop. She also spreads horrid rumors about everyone in this school. Some are true, while others are just plain old lies."

"So, you're happy with her being missing?" I asked, still shocked.

"Well, no, not exactly. But at least she won't be bullying my brother anymore." I give her a sad look and she tries to defend herself by saying, "Look, if you had known her, you would be happy, too." She looks away from me and glares at a poster on the wall for the anatomy of a cell.

I spin back around in my chair to find Mr. Charleston looking right at me. He was still standing at the front of the class, but I could tell he was upset. "Mr. Morton, I hope you had a nice chat." I feel my cheeks go red as the whole class turns to look at me. I try to shrink down in my chair and hide from the prying eyes, but Mr. Charleston continues. "I would appreciate it if you could save your discussions for after class. Can you do that for me?" He doesn't sound like a normal teacher, but his words are very clear.

"Yes, sir," I murmur to my jacket. He nods and his long, blonde hair bobs up and down at the movement. He then smiles and continues with whatever he was saying.

I know nobody is still looking at me, but I stay bunched up in my chair anyway. I can't stand humiliation. It happened far too often at my other schools and I still hadn't fully recovered from those experiences. I then realized I was so caught up in my troubles, that I had forgotten about the missing girl. What was her name again? Amy? Audrey? Addison? I sigh and give up. Whatever the case, I would have to find out what happened to her. I had my suspicions, but I just hoped I was wrong.

Author Notes: Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed. Have a great day! And if it's night when you're reading this, go to sleep >:(

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
-Lynnyan-
Lyn
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
20 Mar, 2021
Words
595
Read Time
2 mins
Rating
1.0 (1 review)
Views
546

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.