Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Fingers and Machines
Fingers and Machines

Fingers and Machines

SamizdatMcTastySamizdatMcTasty
2 Reviews

I hate carrying this thing around everywhere. I don’t find it disgusting, but it lends itself to awkward conversations. I go to the casino, the largest building in my town that isn’t a town anymore. I spend my time there, playing the slot machines: ting ting, ting, ting, ting, ting (it’s like losing every time). Winning and drinking and losing and drinking, I order cocktails for women who won’t go home with me. After a bad streak, I go to the ATM and pull out my keychain with the memento of my former business partner. I put it on the reader: beep, beep, beep (it’s like winning every time). I throw away the ticket without checking the balance. I’d rather not know. When it’s over, it won’t be a bad thing. I will not have to carry an embalmed finger everywhere and I’ll use my own fingers, which only make me lose money.

Author Notes: I've never been a big fan of the flash fiction subgenre, but it's been a nice exercise to keep myself writing more consistently. I hope you enjoy! Comments and constructive criticism are always appreciated.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
SamizdatMcTasty
SamizdatMcTasty
About This Story
Audience
15+
Posted
31 Jul, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
153
Read Time
<1 min
Favorites
0
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
1,148

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.