Please register or login to continue

Register Login

fish from outer space (part two)
fish from outer space (part two)

fish from outer space (part two)

Sentimental_creature♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥
2 Reviews

That made her pause. While she hailed from Carnelian, she hadn't traveled very much in its borders and had instead been to different regions. Now that she thought of it, she hadn't really had much of a chance to study plants there. This would be a perfect opportunity…

And the more she considered it, the more convinced she was- after all, Mirri was almost positive her Foreign Environmental professor would be thrilled at the idea of a project like this.

The thought of extra credit made her heart soar, and while her mind raced in indecisiveness, she didn’t notice Marjorie somehow float in front of her and start typing up a reply to Juno’s email.

“HEY!” Mirri cried, trying desperately to wriggle her computer from her friend’s ghostly grasp. You wouldn’t expect a ghost to be able to touch physical things, much less hold them-- but of course, Marjorie defied that by having a stronger grip than someone who was alive.

“You need some fresh air! You’ll thank me later,” she grunted, pressing keys while tugging the computer to keep it away from Mirri. “Aaaaaaaand sent! Now we wait for her to reply. We oughta wait ‘till later today, since it’s so early and you have so much work to do and so much to prepare for!”

Mirri stared at the laptop, now sitting on her desk with a freshly sent reply to Juno, apparently saying she could hardly wait and was already packing for Carnelian. Her head slowly turned to lock eyes with Marjorie and she blinked, hard, as if something would click and all of this would be a joke or some sick dream.

“What- what on earth just happened? What did you do???” she said, running her hands through her hair and squeezing her drowsy eyes shut. “You know I don’t want to go back there. You know I can’t.”

“Actually, sugar, you can. You’re just too scared- but you realize you won’t even see your parents, right? We’ll just be going out to the middle of nowhere to look at pretty plants and make sure kids don’t drown or go up in flames like me. What could go wrong?”

Author Notes: so- lol i kind of hate this but i'm trying to get a buttload of writing done so i can submit this for a writing competition.
anywho- i hope you're enjoying mirri and marjorie so far <3

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Sentimental_creature
♥ ᵍ๏вℓ𝓲ℕ ♥
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
30 Nov, 2021
Words
363
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
2 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
979

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.