Please register or login to continue

Register Login

God, Speak To Me
God, Speak To Me

God, Speak To Me

AquariusAquarius

A little child whispered: ‘God, speak to me.’ And a meadowlark sang. But the child did not understand that this was the voice of God, so it spoke louder: ‘God, speak to me!’ A bolt of lightning struck down from the sky and thunder rolled through the valley. But the child still did not understand, so it looked around and shouted: ‘God, let me see you.’

A star shone brightly, but the child did not notice. In desperation it shouted: ‘God, show me a miracle!’ A new life was born, but the child could not recognise that this was another one of God’s responses, so it knelt on the Earth and prayed: ‘Touch me God, please let me know you are here and with me! Give me just one sign!’ In response God sent a butterfly that came to sit upon the child’s shoulder. Disappointedly, the child brushed it away and walked off, muttering to itself: ‘I knew it! There is no God.’

It’s worth our while to pay attention to what is happening around us and taking time for watching and listening carefully, because that which we are seeking as often as not is meant to be found just where we are. The trouble is that in many cases people are spiritually still too blind to perceive what the world around us trying to tell them. Together let’s pray to the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, and their only born Son/Daughter, the Universal Christ. Please grant ever more of us the precious gift of inner vision. May it enable us to see the many blessings that are everywhere, in spite of what may still have to happen in our world. It’s because old outstanding karmic debts are in the process of being redeemed by the now spiritually old and experienced spirit/souls in our midst. These debts were created in lifetimes of long ago, when the now old ones still had to take part in the lessons that are necessary for every spiritually young and inexperienced spirit/soul, whose earthly self then has to play the part of troublemaker and scaremonger.

An Old Hindu Poem
Retold by Aquarius
Updated May 2022

Recommended Reading:
• ‘And A Meadow Lark Sang’

https://www.sapphyr.net/largegems/meadowlark.htm

* * *

Recommend Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Aquarius
Aquarius
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
13 May, 2022
Words
385
Read Time
1 min
Rating
No reviews yet
Views
502

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.