Please register or login to continue

Register Login

golden boy (part one)
golden boy (part one)

golden boy (part one)

hypnotic-whisp~ twixx ~
1 Review

Late into a cool summer night, the atmosphere radiated a tone of peaceful liveliness. Waves crashed against the nearby shore and fell away, submitting to the tides and retreating back to the ocean. Fireflies roamed about, floating through the air slowly yet happily and scattering little spots of amber glow. In their absence, the sky was dark, but they always flashed again not seconds later, a forever reminder that they were still there.

On this night, a golden-haired boy sat cradled in the embracing arms of three sturdy tree branches.

A cool breeze pervaded the area, rustling nearby leaves and gently fluttering a flag hanging at an angle on the house across the street. He let it hit his face, appreciating the contrast from the day’s nearly unbearable heat.

He shifted in the branches, feeling the tree shake lightly from the movement. He had no idea how he’d get down, but that was a problem for another time. Really, he didn’t know why he was still out here. He should’ve gone back inside hours ago. But sitting up in the tree, safely so high above the ground, staring up into the stars, had a sort of soothing effect to it. He’d come outside with the intention to take the trash out, but getting away from the claustrophobic indoors and feeling something real, something raw, something entirely honest— Something about it just made all the troubles in the world just wash away.

Everything is insignificant under the stars, he’d been told.

And it was right.

Author Notes: i do plan on continuing this, but i have no idea how to tag it rn // how is it? reviews with your thoughts eeeeeee

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
hypnotic-whisp
~ twixx ~
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
19 May, 2021
Words
254
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
2 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
4.0 (1 review)
Views
882

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.