Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Good bye
Good bye

Good bye

Joshua_12Joshua_12
1 Review

Tears fill her eyes as she looks at her best friend who took his last breath seconds ago.

She blames herself for her friend’s death. She should have seen it coming. After all, how many times did he come up to her tears streaming down his face, blood running down his arms from the cuts he put there himself.

“Cassey, I-I can’t take it anymore. The pain is just getting to be to much.” Xavion sobbed to her.

“Ssshhh.” She soothed, holding him and stroking his hair. “It will all be ok. I promise.”

“No, it won’t. They hate me.” He sobbed, talking about his parents.

She looks down at him. “I’m sorry,” she whispers. He told her it wouldn’t get better, but she told him it wouldn’t. She should have listened and helped him, but it was too late now.

“Cassey, please help me. I don’t know what to do. I’m scared.” He said.

“I know,” She said back.

“He won’t leave me alone. I don’t mean to make him mad,” He cried. “It’s just like my being alive pisses him off, and makes him go ballistic.”

“I should have told someone.” She says. She looks down at her dead friend, and hold his hand, which is now ice cold. Tears start to fall down her face.

“What’s wrong Xavion?”

“He left, he finally left, but she’s blaming me. Saying it’s all my fault.” He looked up at her tears in his eyes. “She kicked me out. I have no home Cassey.”

She holds his hand up to her face and inhales his scent. His beautiful heavenly scent. He smells like cologne and soap. A perfect mixture of the both.

Blood was pouring out of his wrists.

“Cassey, I don’t want to go on anymore. I have nobody. I go through life, but I don’t feel anything but this overwhelming sense of emptiness and worthlessness.”

She held him soothing him, until the ambulance came and got him.

She starts rocking back in forth holding him. She sobs so hard that she can no longer breathe.

She walks into the bathroom, and sees him with his fingers shoved down his throat.

“Xavion, what are you doing!?” She exclaims.

“I’m sick of being fat.” Is all the explanation he gives.

But the truth was that he was dangerously underweight.

She starts stroking his hair like she used to all those times he came to her.

“Cassey, just don’t forget I love you. No matter what. Ok?”

“I promise. And I love you to.”

“I know you do.”

That was the last time she ever heard his beautiful angelic voice. She would never hear it, or his laughter again. She hadn’t heard him laugh in years.

She thinks back to the note she got right before she raced over to his house.

Dear Cassey,

I’m so sorry for the pain I know you are going to feel when you read this and find me. But I can no longer go on. The pain has been to great for too long, and has just been getting worse. I promise that I love you and always will. I will always be watching over you, till I see you one day. You’ll move on soon, I know you will, after all I’m not really something or someone to be dwelled on. I’m just sick of the memories of my dad hitting me. I’m sick of my mom blaming me for him leaving, and making me sleep outside. I’m sick of feeling as though I’m not good enough.

Love always,

Xavion

She sobs as she hears the sirens that are getting closer to the house. They come in and try to pry her off of him. She holds on tight wailing. Someone gives her a shot, and everything goes black.

Recommend Reviews (1) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
Joshua_12
Joshua_12
About This Story
Audience
12+
Posted
2 Feb, 2021
Genre
Type
Words
634
Read Time
3 mins
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (1 review)
Views
867

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.