Please register or login to continue

Register Login

Go Away
Go Away

Go Away

penquin_feetRachel Elizabeth
2 Reviews

go away, they say

you don't belong here with the all the pretty girls. "you should wear make up, you would look nicer," they say. Their flawless skin and perfect eyeshadow gives them all the confidence they need, or at least, so it seems. But as they bat their perfect lashes my way, I realize my face will never be as pretty as theirs. So I walk the other way.

go away they say

you don't belong here with all the smart girls. "you need great grades, so you can get into college," they say. Their amazing test scores and hours of studying give them all the confidence they need, or at least, so it seems. But as they stand around me talking about their amazing careers, I realize my grades will never be as good as theirs. So I walk the other way.

go away they say

you don't belong here with all the athletic girls. "You need to work out more, so you can be stronger," they say. Their toned abs and team uniforms give them all the confidence they need, or at least, so it seems. But as they show off their season stats and their team gear, I realize my body will never be as fit as theirs. So I walk the other way.

go away they say

you don't belong here with all the quiet girls. "you need to calm down, so you're less noticable," they say. They don't seem confident, but they are content with sitting silently in the back of the room, blending in. But as they seperate out into corners, doodling or reading, I realize my personality will never be as mellow as theirs. So I walk the other way.

None of these groups of girls fit me. I'm a little too messy, a little too scattered, a little to slow, a little too outspoken. But maybe that's okay.

I can learn to be confident in my messy and my scattered, in my wild and outspoken.

I can be myself without apologizing for not checking all the boxes and fitting inside all the lines

I am pretty, smart, and strong in my own way. A way only I can be.

I am don't need to fit in to be confident.

I am the only person who can live my life, might as well own it.

Recommend Reviews (2) Write a ReviewReport

Share Tweet Pin Reddit
About The Author
penquin_feet
Rachel Elizabeth
About This Story
Audience
All
Posted
4 Feb, 2022
Words
393
Read Time
1 min
Favorites
1 (View)
Recommend's
1 (View)
Rating
5.0 (2 reviews)
Views
449

Please login or register to report this story.

More Stories

Please login or register to review this story.